Wake Forest hires Steve Forbes

Pleased for Wake. I feel like I have a financial interest there since my daughter graduated from there (there went the dream of a vacation house at the beach, but wow, she got a great education).

Their prior long term (30+ years) AD really screwed up that program. Skip Prosser, who succeeded Dave Odom, had the program on the verge of greatness when he became ill and died. His assistant took over and was doing a very good job, except he had two early exits from the NCAA tournament. So he gets fired after a 21 win season. AD hires a friend of his, Jeff Bzdelik, who had just had his third losing season in a row at Colorado. Yeah they fire a guy who had three straight winning seasons to hire one that just finished three straight losing seasons. Not even Mike Hamilton would do that.

They fire him after never having a winning season and hire Danny Manning which I thought was a good hire, but he just completely crashed. I believe they've got the right guy now who should be able to bring them back to where they start producing players like Tim Duncan and Chris Paul again.

Forbes will have his hands full coaching against Boeheim, Capel, Hamilton, Coach K and Williams night in and night out.
Forbes will be fired sooner rather than later. Not a knock on him, but that’s a tough conference

Reactions: sport3500
Wonder how fans would perceive Kara Lawson? She has time in the nba. It could be hard for her to recruit, but Nba experience recruits for you one would think. That is if she’s proven she can do it. Would have to have maybe a Gleague head coaching job first.
You aren’t serious, right?

Listened to a radio show and the host seemed to be down for it.
I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the host is only "down for it" because it makes for a polarizing talking point for the radio show. If his/her paycheck depended on her success, methinks he/she probably changes their tune real quick, which is the kind of consideration, along with perhaps their legacy, that any AD is going to have to keep in mind before making that kind of groundbreaking hire.

VN Store

Back