Wake Forest hires Steve Forbes

I don't think I saw them hiring Forbes. Not really a Wake Forest follower, but I suppose his name may have come up once Manning was fired. But outside of that, I don't think he was an obvious pick.

The AD at Wake, John Currie, was UTAAD when Forbes was on Bruce Pearl's staff during those glory days, so he probably had Forbes on his short list.

Last edited:
Forbes went for the money .. imo he could have gotten better job next year .. Wake won't take his junior college players that he is very good at getting .. but I think he jumped the gun a bit .

Yea, Wake is a tougher job these days with the ACC additions. Forbes is obviously a good coach. But I thought he would hold out for a better job.

He’s done great things at ETSU. Congrats to him! Hope they can keep the momentum up without having him!! Go Bucs go! 👏👏👏👏

Interesting that Currie was certain to point out that he received permission and approval from the school President and BOT. Those things weren't apparently necessary when he jet-setted across the country to interview and attempt to hire Mike Leach as our football coach.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Interesting that Currie was certain to point out that he received permission and approval from the school President and BOT. Those things weren't apparently necessary when he jet-setted across the country to interview and attempt to hire Mike Leach as our football coach.
I did not know the meaning of jet set until now. Thanks Chris!

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Yea, apparently Currie feels he is only owed half at most which is why they made the move...either headed to court or Manning settles.

I wonder what Each of Manning's wins cost Wake? LOL These Universities will never learn that great Players don't necessarily transition to Good Coaches.

Do you think Tennessee will be interested in any of the WF players who are going to transfer out? The word going around are WF starters Massoud,Sarr and Neath are going to transfer out.

Do you think Tennessee will be interested in any of the WF players who are going to transfer out? The word going around are WF starters Massoud,Sarr and Neath are going to transfer out.

Well I would not hitch my wagon on success/failure of the Coach. They signed with Wake Forest. If they loved Danny so much, maybe they should have SHOWN him on the court.

Well I would not hitch my wagon on success/failure of the Coach. They signed with Wake Forest. If they loved Danny so much, maybe they should have SHOWN him on the court.
Wake Forest with Isaiah Mucius and Tariq Ingraham only have two scholarship players left on the roster. 2020-2021 will be brutal for Steve Forbes.

VN Store

Back