Wade Trophy Finalists Announced

Freshmen not eligible, so no Bueckers or Clark. But seriously...no Aliyah Boston 🤔? I'd pick her over any of these 4.

Wonder if the final vote will lead to another "Rhyne Whine"?

No Aari McDonald or Kiana Williams either. It’s like they couldn’t put Bueckers on there so they were at a total loss and just picked at random lol

No Aari McDonald or Kiana Williams either. It’s like they couldn’t put Bueckers on there so they were at a total loss and just picked at random lol
All four of the finalists are the POTY in their respective conferences and Hillmon is the only one of them who isn't on the AP 1st American Team.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
All four of the finalists are the POTY in their respective conferences and Hillmon is the only one of them who isn't on the AP 1st American Team.

Interesting then that they left off the PAC12 POY Aari McDonald. The POYs from the remaining P5 conferences are all finalists.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think it was a given that Dana and Rhyne were going to be there. If I had to pick from the 4, I'd probably pick NaLyssa. But I'm shocked that Hillmon is there instead of Boston.

Hillmon averaged 25 points and 14 rebounds a game shot 65 percent from the field and 77 from the line. She may have been ignored on the AA team but those stats are awesome.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Hillmon averaged 25 points and 14 rebounds a game shot 65 percent from the field and 77 from the line. She may have been ignored on the AA team but those stats are awesome.
Naz wasn't ignored. She was 2nd team and will be member of the WBCA team. As good as her stats are, I still would pick Boston ahead of her because of her impact on defense.

Out of this group which shockingly dose not in Ms. Boston, I would pick NaLyssa Smith. She just might be the best all around player in the country on both ends of the court.

Would also go with NyLyssa, she’s proving herself down the stretch as well. 11-11 from the field in a high pressure, tournament game looked smooth.

Reactions: CaliKid
Out of this group which shockingly dose not in Ms. Boston, I would pick NaLyssa Smith. She just might be the best all around player in the country on both ends of the court.

Boston's problem is she has too many games like today. 9 points, 4-10 shooting, 5 rebounds. She might be the best defensive player in the country, but she's too talented to not be more dominant offensively than she is...

VN Store

Back