'20 WA OLB Sav'ell Smalls

“That’s my guy,” Smalls said of Neidermeyer. “I knew him when he was at Alabama and then he went to Tennessee. We have just continued to talk. He’s really pushing me to get down there a take a visit. I’m not sure when I will, but I know I will get down there and see them. If I like it on the visit then I will take an official (visit) and we will go from there.

“I met him at Alabama a couple of years ago at a camp. It was the summer of my freshman year. I went there, camped and got the offer. He was like a GA there. Now, he’s at Tennessee and he’s trying to get me down there to Rocky Top.”

Tennessee’s last letterman from Washington was Craig Puki from 1975-1978 when he was a captain. So it’s no surprise that Smalls doesn’t know a ton about the Vols.

“I really don’t know a lot about Tennessee, the state or anything,” Smalls said.

“They have a pretty historical football program. And they have a head coach right now in coach Pruitt who is pretty much the guy when it comes to producing outside backers, and producing good defenses. That’s a good thing. I’m excited to get down there at some point and keep learning about the program. I have to see what their business program is like because that’s what I’m trying to major in.”

At 6-5, 240 pounds, Smalls does for Kennedy High School in Burien, Washington, what Jeremy Pruitt needs in his defense. He gets to the quarterback.

“Coach Pruitt says he definitely wants guys to come in early and give him a pass rush. He’s told me that’s an area where they are lacking,” Smalls said. “They need some pass rushers. That’s great obviously because I could put himself in a position to play my freshman year. That’s exciting and good to know.

“I set the edge pretty well. I come off the ball and rush the passer better than anyone. I make plays sideline to sideline. I bring leadership and a dog mentality that we are not going to stop giving a 100% to everything.”

“I’m going to try and get up there in July. We will see. I know I’m definitely going to take a trip there before I make a decision.”

- VQ

we over paid for Tee, UT Nieds to pay dis man rit hurr
They can end up paying both and people thinking that THEY are telling PRUITT something he didn’t know need to walk it back a lil bit. When Pruitt first sent this pudgy, bearded white dude to recruit DWA, I didn’t read any posts that didn’t wonder why we were sending interns after big time players and when we were going to hire some recruiters. Pruitt knew what he had and that’s not a guy who is furious that he’s had to live on $250 k a year...not when he was a GA making $30-$50 k a year a few short seasons ago. An Alaska native getting paid to be around football is an evolving dream in itself. He’ll get paid and the good news is that he can’t be overpaid at his recruiting level...so we’ll save some threads.

Who else on the West Coast is actively recruiting right now other than Oregon? Somehow none of those other teams are recruiting this guy and Sewell hard? No wonder West Coast Football sucks so bad.
They’ve sucked for a while. USC taking a step back was a major blow. Washington and Oregon are essentially all the P12. It’s just completely different out here in regards to fandom.

They’ve sucked for a while. USC taking a step back was a major blow. Washington and Oregon are essentially all the P12. It’s just completely different out here in regards to fandom.
"Out here?" Where you at? It always amazes me how many fans Tennessee seems to have all over.

just got back from Portland, always wear some UT gear when out and about. That was the first time I didn't get a "Go Vols". Italy, Germany, NY, DC, Las Vegas all recognize the Power T. but not Portland. smh

VN Store

Back