'20 WA OLB Sav'ell Smalls

Hard to read this one. Kinda feel he stays on the West Coast in the end

He believes the best football is played in the south. He's intrigued by that challenge.
Surely he's getting the updates of our freshman trio at LB as well.
And he believes Pruitt is a defensive guru, so that has his mind seeing $$$$ down the road.
I think we're right there with this kid.

He believes the best football is played in the south. He's intrigued by that challenge.
Surely he's getting the updates of our freshman trio at LB as well.
And he believes Pruitt is a defensive guru, so that has his mind seeing $$$$ down the road.
I think we're right there with this kid.
Yeah he's looking at FSU and us for what kind of progress those programs make this season.

Should point out I’m far from an expert and could be wrong....

I’m not saying they aren’t good, see the NE patriots... however when that is almost your whole offense that is a major problem. 1.) no progression reads for QB
2.) defenses have too many sneak defenses that bait you into throws and option routes requires the WR and QB to see the same way at the same time.

For example Baylor has a play that a lot of HS run now that has two options for the front side WR’s and tell the other side you can do whatever... so HS’ would name it leap frog because the other side would actually play leap frog during the play lol... it was hiliarious.

Art briles system is a simplified version of the Air raid... a lot of people run the air raid but have other components to it like OU. Baylor just doesn’t... Just never have been a fan of it, it lacks physicality so when you have guys that can run with your WR your screwed.
Briles team set a FBS bowl record for rushing in 2015...645 yards. That was a variation of the single wing. Running backs were successful in his regular offense.

Briles team set a FBS bowl record for rushing in 2015...645 yards. That was a variation of the single wing. Running backs were successful in his regular offense.
They ran it 84 times that game and ran 102 plays... 80 of those yards came from one touch... that system is not meant to live that way... I’m not a football genius so maybe I’m wrong but I’m not a fan of the veer and shoot offense... IMO when push comes to shove and you have good defensive scheme then that offense falls apart. Also I don’t think it is a physical offense and in the SEC, that will get you a lot of L’s

They ran it 84 times that game and ran 102 plays... 80 of those yards came from one touch... that system is not meant to live that way... I’m not a football genius so maybe I’m wrong but I’m not a fan of the veer and shoot offense... IMO when push comes to shove and you have good defensive scheme then that offense falls apart. Also I don’t think it is a physical offense and in the SEC, that will get you a lot of L’s
650 yards is 650 yards.

Reactions: Ertel
- everyone that commented on Henry To’oto’os recruitment up until national signing day

Look I love the optimism but I don't expect to pull a 5 star from the West Coast every year. Worries me we weren't initially in his top 12. Anybody can see Neyland and the facilities and be enamored. If he comes out this way I think it'll be to Florida St, no matter how hard we sh!t on em in this thread. A couple of big timers from down there in his ear. Washington being a rock throw away could ultimately be the difference though.

VN Store

Back