Volunteers Opponent!

It don’t matter, Vols by Fiddy.

OldfashionedInsignificantGrouse-max-1mb.gif

Can we just focus on Missouri then South Carolina and then Vandy?

There is absolutely no way to know who will be left standing in 4 to 5 weeks.
True X10000000
Anyone remember that 2017 Sugar Bowl we had in the bag Oct 2016……anyone??

P.S. I know that team bailed for a variety of reasons, but still…

I understand why you say this because none of the “what if’s” may come to fruition. However, the fans don’t play the game and it’s fun for some fans to discuss.

Reactions: Wrangler95
True X10000000
Anyone remember that 2017 Sugar Bowl we had in the bag Oct 2016……anyone??

P.S. I know that team bailed for a variety of reasons, but still…

2016 was a tale of two seasons. So much wasted talent and inexcusable loss to Vandy. 1992 was a similar situation with losses vs Tanneyhill and the Gamecocks and I think, Arkansas.
Hopefully Heupel will have this team focused and can adjust to the blueprint laid by UGA, as Mizz and USCjr will follow suit.

2016 was a tale of two seasons. So much wasted talent and inexcusable loss to Vandy. 1992 was a similar situation with losses vs Tanneyhill and the Gamecocks and I think, Arkansas.
Hopefully Heupel will have this team focused and can adjust to the blueprint laid by UGA, as Mizz and USCjr will follow suit.
Both had fractured locker rooms. ‘92 coaching situation and ‘16 player/coach/water boy/equipment manager/……the whole everything 😅
I don’t think that’s anywhere near an issue this year.

I just don't want to be the first team since Miss St. to miss the playoff after being ranked #1 in the CFP. Those CBS f***ers. They really had to post that trivia question, didn't they? F***ers.

To answer the OP's question: Georgia.

You can focus on Missouri all you want. Other fans can start focusing on the 2025 season if they want. All that matters is what the actual players focus on. It's so silly how many fans are think that it matters what we are focusing on.

It is difficult to beat a really good football team twice. A key question is - if Heupel had several weeks to prepare for a Georgia rematch - could he figure out a solid plan on a neutral field? LSU may give the Dawgs a game in the SEC championship. After beating a team easily it is a challenge to regain the same edge a second time in the rematch and the Vols will have extreme motivation. Missouri and South Carolina both can give the Vols a game if the team does not come out focused and well prepared similar to the UK game. TCU needs to lose to Texas for things to really open up for the Vols. Georgia is dang good and may be head and shoulders above the rest of the field but on a given day any team is beatable.

I feel like they’ll mimic the demeanor of their coach. He’s even keeled and pragmatic. Could you even imagine the postgame presser with the last three. Dooley would be telling stories about Rommel, Butch would be a red-faced cliché machine, and Pruitt would be blaming it on the players, because they still wouldn’t ALL be his guys. Heupel just owned it and said they’d make adjustments. On to the next opponent.

Yes, to a Jack Crowe-coached Arky team that had lost to The Citadel, and then the shenanigans in Columbia in the Taneyhill game with Bama squeezed in between them. 1992 was an October to forget.
Heup will have them ready, I think.
GO VOLS

Yes, to a Jack Crowe-coached Arky team that had lost to The Citadel, and then the shenanigans in Columbia in the Taneyhill game with Bama squeezed in between them. 1992 was an October to forget.
Heup will have them ready, I think.
GO VOLS

I was a student that yr @ the Hill. Bama had one of the best collegiate defenses I’ve ever seen. Losing to USCjr was painful as Tanneyhill got under my skin.
I think I was out late the nt before so missed the early kickoff Vs Arkansas @ Neyland. Didn’t the Hogs recover an on sides kick?

Never say never but I don’t see this TN losing another game.

VN Store

Back