Vols will play a "road game" Friday night

If Travis isn't back it won't matter how many fans they have there, we'll run them out of the arena again.

Was it like that last year when we played Kentucky in the title game? This is a sincere question... I wasn't there and don't remember the game very well except it was close and we lost.

I've always hated this event and think it's worthless

Take my fan card away but I am more than fine with us losing this game, getting an extra day or two of rest, avoiding having to see the blue inbreds and best of all being a 2 seed in Louisville.

I'll take my chances against unc, a team our players will have a lot of familiarity with or Duke to get to a final four

Bruhin, I’d play starters Friday night no more than 30 minutes. I’d play Fulky, Walker, Johnson their most minutes of the year with other starters. If I win, fine. If not, move on.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I've always hated this event and think it's worthless

Take my fan card away but I am more than fine with us losing this game, getting an extra day or two of rest, avoiding having to see the blue inbreds and best of all being a 2 seed in Louisville.

I'll take my chances against unc, a team our players will have a lot of familiarity with or Duke to get to a final four

I almost halfway agree with you. I won’t be upset if we lose, but will be cool with winning.

Was it like that last year when we played Kentucky in the title game? This is a sincere question... I wasn't there and don't remember the game very well except it was close and we lost.
Yes, it was 95% blue in st Louis. It was still one of the best 5 days of sports I've attended ever. If you're an enthusiast and love athletes playing basketball, it doesn't get much better. Does anyone else like that we play MSU or AnM over facing Bama or Ole Miss? I am

Reactions: Stoked
Bruhin, I’d play starters Friday night no more than 30 minutes. I’d play Fulky, Walker, Johnson their most minutes of the year with other starters. If I win, fine. If not, move on.

I really felt the same way when I thought we'd take the regular season title. Now I'm questioning if we can/should be so nonchalant about the SECT.

Reactions: Big time vol
I don't think Kentucky is going to get seeded higher than the 2nd ACC 1seed. Therefore I think Kentucky is heading to KC.

JMO

Only way is if Duke and UNC lose early. I don't see it happening either.
I just hope we don't get stuck out West.

Pons needs to be part of the rotation so Tennessee can play 10 players and give Williams or Schofield a breather.

Pons needs to be part of the rotation so Tennessee can play 10 players and give Williams or Schofield a breather.
Our entire bench needs to play better or this could be our downfall during tourney time. Outside of Bowden, who really should be starting, we get nothing from our bench

They'd better figure out the perimeter defense and fast. I'd also have to agree with others in that I think it's time to sit Turner and start bowden. I can appreciate that you need to let him try and shoot his way out of a slump, but it's now win or go home time.
Surprised Barnes hasn’t already done this. Turner off the bench has always been more lethal when he comes in as 6th man

Reactions: GBOx2
The SEC tournament will be in Nashville Kentucky. Happens yearly

I would like to see a story explaining HOW Kentucky fans gobble up all the tickets.
Do they just call all of the other 13 schools and order tickets.
Or do they mainly just get tickets off of the secondary market like stubhub.

I would like to see a story explaining HOW Kentucky fans gobble up all the tickets.
Almost has to be on the secondary market, plus I’m sure more than half of SEC schools fail to sell out their allotment.

Other teams don't sellout their allotment or they buy them and jack up the price for the hillbilly jaw-jacks who take off the entire month of March from the coal mines, so that they can travel across the United States to overpay for tickets to see their team play and miss their rent for their trailers for the month of March and April.

Other teams don't sellout their allotment or they buy them and jack up the price for the hillbilly jaw-jacks who take off the entire month of March from the coal mines, so that they can travel across the United States to overpay for tickets to see their team play and miss their rent for their trailers for the month of March and April.
Geez, that was brutal

Reactions: BlackCreekVol

SEC Tourney is UK's Spring Break, Family Vacation, etc. They save up all year for these 5 days and they take over whatever town the tournament is in. I buy 2 books of tickets from a Vandy booster every year and usually go to some of early games and of course the UT games because I work in downtown Nashville. In the past, I have been able to sell the sessions that UK is playing in for 3 to 4 times face and make my money back. One year UT lost in the semis and I walked outside Bridgestone and sold the Sunday tickets for $300 each to the slackjaw UK fans waiting outside.

Anyway, they are getting their tickets on the street and are paying a huge markup...

VN Store

Back