Vols will NOT be in the Music City Bowl vs Louisville (merged)

The Music City Bowl is higher in the bowl hierarchy than the Gator Bowl. That's why.

Bigger payout = better chance of getting the "best attraction".
While I see no difference in "best attraction" between Indiana and Louisville, the players are going to be less excited a out not getting to go to Florida. Who knows.

Reactions: 08Vol
The Music City Bowl is higher in the bowl hierarchy than the Gator Bowl. That's why.

Bigger payout = better chance of getting the "best attraction".

Do you really believe that? Surely you don't. No, the Music City Bowl does not outrank the Gator Bowl. Give them credit for trying to get there by pouring more money into payouts but in terms of prestige it really isn't close...which is why the Gator Bowl is played Thursday in prime time and the Music City Bowl is on Monday afternoon.

This is the most disgusted I've probably ever been about Tennessee's bowl destination. And for all those tsking at Tennessee fans for complaining, it isn't as if UT is lucky to be where they're at. If no other bowl wanted Tennessee, and the Vols wound up in Nashville...then, sure, we could thank our lucky stars that we got to a bowl at all. But there were options. And Tennessee's administration CHOSE the Music City Bowl. THAT is the issue.

Bowls traditionally are about rewarding players. Rather than a trip to Florida, Tennessee chose to reward its players with a road trip to Middle Tennessee. It's really as simple as that.

I know we wanted to go to Florida but the music city bowl is actually a “bigger” bowl than gator.

Besides let’s be honest...who wants anything to do with something with gator in the name lol

Don't love it or hate it, but that's as close to an automatic W as you can get.

Louisville has no defense whatsoever

Reactions: OrangeWayOfLife
Serious question: any consideration that Preds are in Winter Classic Jan 1 in Texas? Gator Bowl next day, Jan 2 in Florida. Also, Music City Bowl is on a Monday. Much easier to draw in state fans rather than fans that have to travel on a weekday.

Not saying these are reasons. Prob shouldnt matter actually. Just pointing a couple things out.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back