Vols vs. Heels

94-81

I can honestly say that the score doesn't do the game justice. It was never that close.

The post is badly lacking on this team. Who would have thought that Crump could be so bad. At least we didn't quit. Chris Lofton will win some games for this team. He looks really good for a true freshman. Our inside play on offense and defense is what killed us in this game. Very little offense and they got manhandled in the paint. The Heels big men got the ball so deep it was pathetic. Let's hope we play a little better tomorrow.

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Nov 23, 2004 9:38 PM
Heels by 15...UNC is loaded and anything less than a Final Four appearance this yr will be disappointing to me. Look for Felton to push and push the tempo..should be a high 80's low 90's game. Watch for super Frosh Marvin Williams..the best frosh in the country this yr. Hopefully he'll stay atleast two yrs.

Good Luck Vols! :cool:

Well, I was 2 pts off on the score..and right on with the scoring range.

Freak, see around bro..take care!
:cool:

I thought Crump and Wingate would be improved this year. Wingate showed some prmoise last year, but both he and Crump have been very absent on the inside.

Oh well, it's still football season and we are talking basketball. WTF?

One good thing about this team...John "I can build a brickhouse with my awful shot" Winchester is no longer there.

Have to be honest, haven't seen many B-ball games living here in Bammerville, so I've got no real comparison basis but...

Looks like we have talented players - and I know UNC is a semi-pro team - but Buzz didn't seem to contribute much. Where are the adjustments? The team offense (scoring was one-man creating vs. ball movement)? The defense (bull-fighting - OLE)?

I swear; between Green and Peterson we've had more "players" at UT than I can remember (I go back to the late 70's) but we're not making progress - Green got us in the tourney but he had the Zook philosophy and as a result we had punks. Peterson doesn't have the confused "Wade Houston" look but where is the coaching. I've never watched a Buzz team and said "they've got it together". :banghead:

I really didn't expect to knock of UNC but it was like street ball on our side. A few players kept us in it but we never had a "team effort". To see the opposite of the coaching spectrum watch Tubby at UK. For the last 2 years, he has put the best coached team on the floor.

hate to say it but Heels are my team in basketball, I was one of them Jordan idolizers and UNC grew on me.

UNC is a great team this year, and as long as they have Felton healthy, they have a good shot at winning the title this year(insert "But Roy Williams is the coach" here.)

Tough game for the Vols, especially after watching them play so well last night against Stanford.

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN@Nov 23, 2004 11:42 PM
Who are the two hotties sitting behind Buzz?????

Some rich sorority girls that had a few too many last weekend:

"You wanna go to Hawaii and watch basketball?"
"Uh, duh! Of course I want to go to Hawaii."
"I love watching basketball -- it's so exciting when they kick it into the big net!"
"And, we can lay out. And have Mai-Tai's."
"You think Coach Buzz will give us his white flowery shirt if we sit right behind him and wear tight clothing with our cleavage hanging out?"
"For sure!"

"And, you know what, to make it even more fun. . . .WE SHOULD TAKE A TRAIN!"

Lost in the midst of the poor playing by Crump and Watson.... first year player, UCLA transfer Andre Patterson, put together a pretty good game against the Heels. He was 4-of-5 from the floor with 8 points and 7 rebounds (4 offensive) in 28 minutes of play.

Interesting how the 2 new starters were 12-of-17 from the floor and the returning 3 starters were only 8-of-29. :blink:

I have to agree with you that Lofton was a real suprise and Patterson definitely showed flashes. Our post defense has got to get better. A big part of the reason that we gave up so many wide open three's is that our guards were doubling down on the post. UNC being the good fundamental team that they are was making the pass to where the double came from every time.

I thought Smith has some decent court presence as well. He showed some quickness and he looks to have a decent shot. He's no Lofton but could turn into a decent player. It's sad that Asumnu can't put it all together. I think he has the best crossover on the team. He can get in the paint or create shots for he team pretty easily I think.

That was one big difference I noticed.... when UNC post players were doubled under the basket.... they kicked it out for a wide open 3 pt shot.... however, Crump was like a black hole... the ball went in and never came out... no matter if he had 3 guys guarding him.

After watching the Vols play UNC and Texas in 2 days, I would rather stick needles in my eye than to sit through those two games again. While the Vols show a little bit of hope, they haven't changed. They do something good and then they do 2 or 3 things bad, and I mean really bad. How frustrating! :banghead:

Anybody who thought UT could stick with UNC and Texas are crazy. They are a better team than last year and they have a real shot at the NCAA's in the spring
Let's look at the roster:
Patterson - 1st year playing for UT
Hendrix - 2nd year playing for UT
Bradshaw - 2nd year playing at UT
Wingate - 2nd year playing at UT
Lofton - 1st year playing at UT
Howell - 1st year playing at UT
except for Crump, Watson and McFaddon the rest are walk-ons.

Looks like a really young team to me but very talented and will improve during the year. They don't quit.

VN Store

Back