Vols video avatar

tvolsfan

VN GURU
Anyone know how I can get a clip of some touchdown from yesterday or something, to use for an avatar on another site.

Preferably Meachem's second touchdown or Hardesty's touchdown.

Anyone know how I can get a clip of some touchdown from yesterday or something, to use for an avatar on another site.

Preferably Meachem's second touchdown or Hardesty's touchdown.
This is my first attempt at doing this. I downloaded a couple of free utilities one to convert .wmv to .avi and then .avi to .gif.

However with free tools, it is a little grainy, If anybody has any suggestions....

hardestytd.gif

TVols, You can use this and when i get a better product i will let you use it too. Use as you want to, even on this board if you like

This is my first attempt at doing this. I downloaded a couple of free utilities one to convert .wmv to .avi and then .avi to .gif.

However with free tools, it is a little grainy, If anybody has any suggestions....

hardestytd.gif

TVols, You can use this and when i get a better product i will let you use it too. Use as you want to, even on this board if you like
it is pretty grainy. You might do a search on the board. I think somebody posted a how to once upon a time.

Yeah... looks like I need to start a new thread with my instructions so that I can just direct the questions there... Most don't realize that even with a lenient 1 MB limit on avatar sizes, it is hard to get a length of a clip as a gif to that size.

EDIT: Er... I'll just put the details here.

I downloaded the WMV off the UTSports website. I then used TMPGEnc to convert the ASF (wmv and asf are the same type of file) to a standard MPEG. I then used VirtualDub to cut the clip down by length, and also crop it. I usually just crop to make it square (max size here is 125x125) but this time I also took some off the bottom to make meach bigger, and saved that as an avi. Finally I used a program that I purchased called "123 Avi to Gif converter" to convert the avi to a gif.

There are free programs out there that can make gifs, like The GIMP. You could use an option in VirtualDub that creates a jpeg out of each frame, and then connect them as layers in The GIMP, but I've never tried that, as I have a much easier to use program.
good%21.gif

SOMEBODY?!?! Freak... you cut me deep...:no:

I knew it was you remus, I just didn't want to throw you under the bus. I know you get tired of explaining it over and over. :)

VN Store

Back