Vols v Michigan in Music City (Athlon)

I have mixed feelings about self imposed actions currently. Looking at last years football team, I think they need to recruit like there is no end in sight and push until the NCAA hands down what ever it is going to hand down! Get a positive image built back, get players in and hopefully ride the train when the punishments come.

I just shoot straight and call it like I see it. I love the Vols but I don’t wear the orange colored glasses 24/7. Our administration has just about killed UT football and we are looking at being further irrelevant for another decade. Am I wrong ?
Yes. You're extremely wrong.
About being down for a decade.
We won't have another down year for a very long time.

There's too much offensive talent with the coaching of Heupel for us to lose 6 or 7 games.

Reactions: FBtime
Here is a link to the first time we played Michigan and beat Michigan.

I loved attending that game! Just 3+ months after 9-11, I rode a Delta flight out of Huntsville, AL with only 3 passengers on it, checked into my hotel and went to the game the next day. Standing in line with the Clausen family at Will Call was interesting. Jimmy was just a kid. When Witten took it to the house the UM faithful were aghast at his speed. I still laugh at that.

Georgia State is irrelevant. Completely different coaching staff and culture.
We all thought they were irrelevant two years ago. And, that was with a second year coach we thought may be guiding us in the right direction.

I may be incorrect but AD White said it will be a while before any sanctions are imposed. I for one would start this season but I’m not the AD or coach.
And If I were White, I'd find some kid that should have gotten a scholarship to a DII school but didn't because all the D1 schools on probation that could take all 85, to sue the NCAA for taking scholarships away from schools as punishment rather than punishing the coaches and administrators.

Reactions: VolDave53
CFP 2023.

Mid December 5 seed Tennessee hosts 12 seed Michigan in Neyland Stadium. You might hate the idea of the future College Football Playoff, but you can’t deny that that wouldn’t be fun.

Reactions: FïreBall
I just shoot straight and call it like I see it. I love the Vols but I don’t wear the orange colored glasses 24/7. Our administration has just about killed UT football and we are looking at being further irrelevant for another decade. Am I wrong ?
I believe you are wrong. Many teams in the past have come back to relevance
after being down. I think this administration will get us there. We will see who is right.

Bowling Green, Tenn Tech, Pitt, South Alabama, & Vandy….5 wins.
South Carolina, Mizzu, Kentucky…1 win possibly 3 wins if we are healthy & this offense gets clicking like I believe it will be.
Ole Miss….Lane got to lay his foundation last season and implement his philosophy. Heupel has curb stomped him twice already as a head coach. This one is a toss up to me.
Not trying to stir anything, but I feel like people circling Pitt as a win are going to be terribly disappointed.

I'd gladly take it.

I don't see it being the case however.

Who the f*** does after the last 15+ years? Come on man.

I’d like to find a betting site offering those stats. Bet $100 and if Tenn wins 4 or less, I lose $100 and if Tenn wins 6 or more I win $100. Five wins a push. Unless of course you’re interested.. Lol
I see 4 or 5 wins with South Carolina and Vandy being tossups a 1-7 SEC record is def possible. We might have one gimme win on the schedule. If Heupel finds a way to win 6 or 7 then he will deserve COY consideration because this team will be historically bad especially on defense. I’ve seen numerous posters on here saying they see 8 or 9 wins they are delusional lol this is going to be a rough season and a rough next few years. I do hope I’m wrong and Heupel can find some success and overachieve here like no coach has done since Kiffin.

At present time I can see a Pitt loss, but I can also see 3 conference wins against Vandy, SC, and possibly Ky or an upset against Ole Miss or Missouri. Should be 6 wins. The talent may not be loaded on defense but should be equal to at least 6 teams on the schedule. Of course by this fall injuries may play a role for / against any of the teams we play not called Fl, Ga, or Bama. Those are probably beyond reach at this time. Right now I say 6 wins but a good perfect storm and it could go 7 or maybe 8. Six should be the bottom.

With NLI already in pipeline, TN would be super smart to not self impose a bowl ban. The ‘aa doesn’t have a leg to stand on. I totally agree with previous post: recruit hard, flip image quick, then deal with (if) any “penalties” later! The admin and legal May have enough ammo anyway to threaten a suit and the ‘aa doesn’t want that AT ALL.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back