Vols Thursday practice 4/15

I’m fine with Allman Bros., Molly Hatchet, CDB, and just about any other southern rock band.

Writing a song about how awesome it is to live in Alabama gets you thrown off my playlist. I’ll lay aside the relative worth of that song’s support for George Wallace and Richard Nixon, but I hate that too.

If you understand the lyrics to that song, it is actually anti-George Wallace:

"In Birmingham they love the governor (Boo! Boo! Boo!)"

That's what kids listen to. Who cares if fans don't like it, we aren't the ones out there practicing. Hillbilly, country or classic rock isn't exactly music to get you hyped and ready for practice.

I dont think they should be listening to ANY music at practice. You don't get to listen to music during a game. If they play anything play fan noise, rocky top or other schools songs. Just like they will hear in a real game. Isn't practice supposed to be preparing for game play? Bunch of pansies if they need music to help them practice. They've got plenty of time for music.

You know, that actually fits with their position on gun control in Saturday Night Special.

Their indifference to Watergate in that song also reflects their belief that Washington was so corrupt that the average American citizen had no avenue of recourse anyway, so what good was it to worry about it.

This attitude was also reflected in their song Things Goin’ On.

We can’t say they didn’t try to warn us.

I have no problem with music during warmups, conditioning, etc. It’s not my team but how do you get your message across with the players listening to music? Little wonder they have so many “busts”.

I dont think they should be listening to ANY music at practice. You don't get to listen to music during a game. If they play anything play fan noise, rocky top or other schools songs. Just like they will hear in a real game. Isn't practice supposed to be preparing for game play? Bunch of pansies if they need music to help them practice. They've got plenty of time for music.
Hahaha.
They've been playing music at stadiums during games for over 10 years now!

I wish no-contact jerseys applied to real life. Not feeling it today but still have to go into work...put on the no-contact jersey and everyone will just steer clear of you as you go about your business. But no, gotta put on that fake smile and act like you're at 100% or everyone will think you're rude. :p
If you wear your snorkel mask and tutu into the office tomorrow, everyone will steer clear of you. I promise.

Reactions: Blackburn
The music is garbage. There is such thing as clean rap music. They literally posted a Vol Video of workouts and the music said “ Inna kitchen cookin that dope up.” 4 days later our boys get popped with dope charges. This is a University, not a street corner.
They are college kids.... Go wash a load of clothes

Most of this is completely your opinion, but I am confused about this statement. You were offput by ACDC's lyrics, but not by a band that admittedly wrote satanic music? Black Sabbath is is a witch's holy day and everything associated with the band uses the satanic form of a pentagram. Kind of throws of the sanctimonious stance the post takes. Understand, this commentary is from someone who would rather listen to Third Day than Green Day.
Where does Black Sabbath admittedly write satanic music? Their songs caution against that.

"Explaining that the band members were all raised Christian and adding "We all believe in God," Butler talked specifically about Sabbath's "After Forever," which Blaine points out has been referred to as the first Christian rock song. "A lot of it was because of the situation in Northern Ireland at the time. There were a lot of religious troubles between the Protestants against the Catholics," Butler explained. "I was brought up strictly Catholic and I guess I was naive in thinking that religion shouldn’t be fought over. I always felt that God and Jesus wanted us to love each other. It was just a bad time in Northern Ireland, setting bombs off in England and such. We all believed in Jesus — and yet people were killing each other over it."

And they're kids in college. They're old enough to listen to what they choose. They can vote and get drafted.

VN Store

Back