Vols surging with critical recruiting season coming

And I'm guessing he got pushed out to make room for HT so I doubt he'd entertain a raincheck anyway.

He's the only one I know of where there is a relationship.
Chase Rogers is the only other one I can think of, but it seemed like our coaches passed on him. He's supposed to be transferring to Ole Miss from ULL.

Tennessee football: Vols surging with critical recruiting season coming

"For a program that prides itself on winning championships, the 2019 Vols won’t be held in that same vein. However, they could be remembered as the team that helped UT return to being significant once again. The Vols closed the season with a winning record. That’s a long way from that loss to Georgia State.

What caused the sudden turnaround? Pruitt. Simply put, he was the perfect coach for the resurrection of this season. He was steadfast in his beliefs of simply getting better every day and building a foundation on defense and more defense.

The Vols rank seventh in the SEC in defense but that doesn’t illustrate just how far they have come. When needed, UT’s defense was ready. The Vols have held their last four opponents to 21 points or fewer. No, that’s not dynasty worthy, but it’s progress.

Progress means relevancy and Tennessee has not been relevant for a decade.

Imagine a couple of 5-star recruits signing with the Vols now that they’re being mentioned once again. More importantly, imagine a special signal-caller that took a gander at Tennessee’s resurgence. Has he been swayed? That could be the difference. Imagine a special quarterback that didn’t look elsewhere had UT’s season gone down the tubes.

Let’s not put too much on just one player, but a special quarterback and a handful of defensive playmakers is all the Vols need. Yes, they’re that close. The Vols have proven they’ll rally behind their head coach and have the mental fortitude to overcome tough times. That leads to success."

I have a feeling that Pruitt will close strong similar to last year. We are on fire right now and there's no way recruits aren't noticing. The future is Bright Orange Nation

GBO
Uh, special Q.B.? Don’t see that. Wish it were true.

"For a program that prides itself on winning championships, the 2019 Vols won’t be held in that same vein. However, they could be remembered as the team that helped UT return to being significant once again. The Vols closed the season with a winning record. That’s a long way from that loss to Georgia State.

What caused the sudden turnaround? Pruitt. Simply put, he was the perfect coach for the resurrection of this season. He was steadfast in his beliefs of simply getting better every day and building a foundation on defense and more defense.

The Vols rank seventh in the SEC in defense but that doesn’t illustrate just how far they have come. When needed, UT’s defense was ready. The Vols have held their last four opponents to 21 points or fewer. No, that’s not dynasty worthy, but it’s progress.

Imagine a couple of 5-star recruits signing with the Vols now that they’re being mentioned once again. More importantly, imagine a special signal-caller that took a gander at Tennessee’s resurgence. Has he been swayed? That could be the difference. Imagine a special quarterback that didn’t look elsewhere had UT’s season gone down the tubes.

Let’s not put too much on just one player, but a special quarterback and a handful of defensive playmakers is all the Vols need. Yes, they’re that close. The Vols have proven they’ll rally behind their head coach and have the mental fortitude to overcome tough times. That leads to success."

I have a feeling that Pruitt will close strong similar to last year. We are on fire right now and there's no way recruits aren't noticing. The future is Bright Orange Nation

GBO
I wonder if Bryce Mathews will return to his home state. He entered the transfer portal at Ole Miss... 4* OL from Tennessee

Don't know if it's true, but I heard a comment on one of the sports radio show state that so far none of our freshman have been a bust. That's a great sign Pruitt knows character with talent. Player development is noticeably much better than before, so I think we'll slowly get better and better.

See this is CRITICAL. It doesn’t matter if you sign 7 5 stars and 3 bust vs signing 2 and 3 4 stars and 2 3 stars that all get here and play like 5 stars. I’ll admit it’s not as flashy but we want good players not “good rankings” that don’t pan out.

Now just stop with the “top teams get top talent that’s ranked five stars” I get it and we will get them, but if he’s good enough to find enough diamonds in the rough then go that route till we can land fives consistently.

See this is CRITICAL. It doesn’t matter if you sign 7 5 stars and 3 bust vs signing 2 and 3 4 stars and 2 3 stars that all get here and play like 5 stars. I’ll admit it’s not as flashy but we want good players not “good rankings” that don’t pan out.

Now just stop with the “top teams get top talent that’s ranked five stars” I get it and we will get them, but if he’s good enough to find enough diamonds in the rough then go that route till we can land fives consistently.
Agreed. All that 5-star talent didn’t save Alabama’s D this year when their 2 most experienced LBs went down. Freshmen are still freshmen. Talent has to be developed. If anything I think Saban and Bama way over relied on stars and failed to identify and bring in some battle-hardened trench warrior transfers to bridge the gap like Pruitt did.
I’ve said it before on this Board and I’ll say it again: the jury is still out on how good Pruitt will be as a HC but the man knows how to identify and develop talent and he’s amassed the staff on both sides of the ball to get it done.
The trajectory is there and I absolutely trust Pruitt to pull together another class of HIS players. Whether he can consistently gameplan adjust and outcoach the guy on the other sideline remains to be seen.

Football needs what the basketball team got.. 2 or 3 guys to blossom into legit 1st or 2nd round players.. Obviously the numbers are different, but football needs this to get ahead of schedule with the rebuild.

Word is about half of Ole Miss’s team is thinking about transferring in protest of Matt Luke being let go. Is there anyone down there we could use? May be worth a look.

Oh I'm sure there is. I would have kept Luke if I were Ole Miss. He's a good coach that wanted to be there even during probation.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Their QB is very good.
They won't let him go. My cousin is a huge Ole Miss fan and I offered him both of our freshmen quarterbacks and a gallon jar of homemade pickles for their quarterback and he said no deal.I do wish we had him though.

As I said in the recruiting forum, In a power 5 league you really need to average around 3.5 stars per recruit in order to be able to compete with the big boys. That means that you have to finish in the top 20 every year in recruiting. If you stay in the top 15 and develop your players you dang sure have a shot at competing for a title. If you consistently finish outside the top 20 in recruiting then you have zero shot at a national title. The talent just won't be there.

What finishing around the top 5 in recruiting every year does for you is allow you alot more wiggle room. You can have more busts, bad calls on the field, injuries, ect, and still have a good shot at winning games. The more talent, the better.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

GBO
The Tennessee recruiting will be strong in December and February and will be even stronger when Tennessee goes 9-3 in 2020.

As I said in the recruiting forum, In a power 5 league you really need to average around 3.5 stars per recruit in order to be able to compete with the big boys. That means that you have to finish in the top 20 every year in recruiting. If you stay in the top 15 and develop your players you dang sure have a shot at competing for a title. If you consistently finish outside the top 20 in recruiting then you have zero shot at a national title. The talent just won't be there.

What finishing around the top 5 in recruiting every year does for you is allow you alot more wiggle room. You can have more busts, bad calls on the field, injuries, ect, and still have a good shot at winning games. The more talent, the better.

Thanks. Reread my post.

GBO

It will take more than a signal caller and a handful of defensive playmakers. It will also take a few fresh bodies on the O Line, perhaps another stud RB, and a couple of wideouts. Another tight end to fill the rotation would be handy as well.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Maybe the Manning family is so pissed at how UM handled Luke, that they try and sway young Arch to Knoxville in a few yrs????o_O

Earlier in the year when we were sucking the big orange, one would have to think that many of our early signees were seriously considering other schools and hey, who'd blame them, for I believe just about everyone on VN would have done the same. Being a stud and going to a good school on the upschwing is a lot easier to digest than being a stud and heading to a school at the bottom of the ladder and thinking you can be the savior.
So personally, I do think that our resurgence not only saved next years class but, will pay dividends to future classes as yes, the kids out there are for sure paying attention now to what's happening in Ktown once again!

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back