Vols surging with critical recruiting season coming

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Tennessee football: Vols surging with critical recruiting season coming

"For a program that prides itself on winning championships, the 2019 Vols won’t be held in that same vein. However, they could be remembered as the team that helped UT return to being significant once again. The Vols closed the season with a winning record. That’s a long way from that loss to Georgia State.

What caused the sudden turnaround? Pruitt. Simply put, he was the perfect coach for the resurrection of this season. He was steadfast in his beliefs of simply getting better every day and building a foundation on defense and more defense.

The Vols rank seventh in the SEC in defense but that doesn’t illustrate just how far they have come. When needed, UT’s defense was ready. The Vols have held their last four opponents to 21 points or fewer. No, that’s not dynasty worthy, but it’s progress.

Progress means relevancy and Tennessee has not been relevant for a decade.

Imagine a couple of 5-star recruits signing with the Vols now that they’re being mentioned once again. More importantly, imagine a special signal-caller that took a gander at Tennessee’s resurgence. Has he been swayed? That could be the difference. Imagine a special quarterback that didn’t look elsewhere had UT’s season gone down the tubes.

Let’s not put too much on just one player, but a special quarterback and a handful of defensive playmakers is all the Vols need. Yes, they’re that close. The Vols have proven they’ll rally behind their head coach and have the mental fortitude to overcome tough times. That leads to success."

I have a feeling that Pruitt will close strong similar to last year. We are on fire right now and there's no way recruits aren't noticing. The future is Bright Orange Nation

GBO

Last edited:
Don't know if it's true, but I heard a comment on one of the sports radio show state that so far none of our freshman have been a bust. That's a great sign Pruitt knows character with talent. Player development is noticeably much better than before, so I think we'll slowly get better and better.

Don't know if it's true, but I heard a comment on one of the sports radio show state that so far none of our freshman have been a bust. That's a great sign Pruitt knows character with talent. Player development is noticeably much better than before, so I think we'll slowly get better and better.
Heard that from Hyams this morning, I know...somebody gonna jump ugly on him,,,but who else made that observation? And a good sign for the future it is

I suspect it will take another recruiting cycle for the player development impact to take hold. Do the best you can now and swing for the big recruits next season. I will hold out hope that the coaches flip some of the recruits committed elsewhere to Tennessee.

I'm not in the "we just need a QB and a couple DLs and one or two more" , then we'll be alright group. We need a top recruiting class at a multitude of positions, especially WR. WE need this for a couple of years to build the kind of depth needed to compete head to head with the elite in the SEC.

Could've fooled me. I have a feeling that there will be some staff shakeup due to certain members not pulling their weight in recruiting.

I would hate that because I think all are good on the field coaches and I would like to see staff continuity. However, this is a possibility I think if certain recruits go elsewhere.

well, this turnaround can't be anything but good for us, but it's hard to pull from LSU, Bama, Georgia, Florida...yep, that's who we still go up against...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great grad transfer QB would be fantastic.

GO VOLS!!!

I would hate that because I think all are good on the field coaches and I would like to see staff continuity. However, this is a possibility I think if certain recruits go elsewhere.
Word is about half of Ole Miss’s team is thinking about transferring in protest of Matt Luke being let go. Is there anyone down there we could use? May be worth a look.

Word is about half of Ole Miss’s team is thinking about transferring in protest of Matt Luke being let go. Is there anyone down there we could use? May be worth a look.

We could try to get Lakia Henry back. However, I'm not sure if his decommitment was due to Henry Toot who committed to us about a month later.

I am pleased with the job pruitt is doing, with exception of qb decisions, we are actually a good qb away from being competitive in sec east champion imo

We could try to get Lakia Henry back. However, I'm not sure if his decommitment was due to Henry Toot who committed to us about a month later.
Pretty sure he's OM's leading tackler... doing pretty well there. Doubt he'd entertain a change. His current path has him on track for the NFL.

Pretty sure he's OM's leading tackler... doing pretty well there. Doubt he'd entertain a change. His current path has him on track for the NFL.

And I'm guessing he got pushed out to make room for HT so I doubt he'd entertain a raincheck anyway.

He's the only one I know of where there is a relationship.

Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back