Vols Ranking-College Football News!!

C'mon, the College Football News rankings? What kind of obscure nonsense is that? Only takes a brief glance to realize most of the rankings are ridiculous.

7-5 AU ranked #14?! :rolleyes: That's a real laugher. And ahead of #19 UCF too, who beat AU just last January. I could pick those rankings apart further, but why bother.

tenor.gif
FYP.

This ranking is a result of Tennessee’s brand, or what is left of it, instead of the actual state of the program. No way should this team be ranked top 75 after getting blown out by wv, candy, Missouri, Florida, and losing to SC jr.

Meh. It's also likely partially due to the fact that we had a really tough schedule also, and that does matter. I could see ~60th.

Th
His rankings are almost as bad, despite all the math he puts into them.

They were at one time used by the BCS and to set Vegas lines so I guess they have a touch more credibility than College Football News.

Th

They were at one time used by the BCS and to set Vegas lines so I guess they have a touch more credibility than College Football News.

Yes, I know, I used to use them all the time; until he tinkered with the formula so much that there's no longer any rhyme or reason to many of the conclusions. But I'd agree they're better than those CFN rankings; you can tell the author of of that piece didn't watch many actual live football games.

VN Store

Back