Vols ranked No. 20 in latest AP Poll

Who is the wise guy in scheduling that booked these non-conference games? I realize some may be better some worse than last season but does anyone other than the 4 blue bloods have a tougher NC? Should look good on the March resume!

Washington
FSU
Purdue
Memphis
Cincinnati
Wisconsin
Kansas
If we can win 1/2 of the neutral site / away OOC games, we will be in good shape come March, baring a total collapse in the SEC. Early indications, are this team will exceed most expectations.

Who is the wise guy in scheduling that booked these non-conference games? I realize some may be better some worse than last season but does anyone other than the 4 blue bloods have a tougher NC? Should look good on the March resume!

Washington
FSU
Purdue
Memphis
Cincinnati
Wisconsin
Kansas

Imagine if we win them all.

Not a bad way to start a down year after losing 4 of your top 5 players. I’m not even gonna lie, I was skeptical on how we would be this year but after watching us play against #20 Washington and dominated majority of that game I am a believer. If we make the Tourny it will be a spectacular coaching job by Barnes and he may very well be coach of the year again. Our Freshman are only gonna get better as more games they get under there belt and they pretty damn good right now!!!

If we can win 1/2 of the neutral site / away OOC games, we will be in good shape come March, baring a total collapse in the SEC. Early indications, are this team will exceed most expectations.
Agree. Not to mention the best way to get young/inexperienced guys to develop quicker and reach their potential faster is to test them against better competition.

Poll Attacks: At least one AP voter appears to have no idea Tennessee beat Washington by double-digits

And for those who sometimes claim the Poll Attacks column tends to avoid ballots of national media members, or people with whom I'm friendly, this next part is for you: ESPN's Dick Vitale moved Tennessee from unranked to No. 22 on this week's ballot. So, unlike Means, he's ranking Tennessee. That's good. But Means' ballot is what led me to Vitale's ballot, and what I noticed when I looked at Vitale's ballot is that he moved Washington UP SIX SPOTS this week -- from No. 20 to No. 14 -- after that 13-point neutral-court loss to Tennessee.

Washington
FSU
Purdue
Memphis
Cincinnati
Wisconsin
Kansas

I would suggest that some of scheduling is more of a recruiting tactic as well.
We played in Toronto and some of those young kids are probably gonna pay more attention to TN.
Best way to sell a recruit or gain fans is play in their own home. Especially if we win, it opens the doors

Not a bad way to start a down year after losing 4 of your top 5 players. I’m not even gonna lie, I was skeptical on how we would be this year but after watching us play against #20 Washington and dominated majority of that game I am a believer. If we make the Tourny it will be a spectacular coaching job by Barnes and he may very well be coach of the year again. Our Freshman are only gonna get better as more games they get under there belt and they pretty damn good right now!!!

I’m shocked how well they’ve played. They’ve had one bad half and they beat a UW team that is better than them on paper. Coaching staff is doing a hell of a job.

I am hopeful but still a bit reserved concerning the ranking. I feel like our weaknesses have not been exploited as of yet.

I hope I am wrong.

Poll Attacks: At least one AP voter appears to have no idea Tennessee beat Washington by double-digits

And for those who sometimes claim the Poll Attacks column tends to avoid ballots of national media members, or people with whom I'm friendly, this next part is for you: ESPN's Dick Vitale moved Tennessee from unranked to No. 22 on this week's ballot. So, unlike Means, he's ranking Tennessee. That's good. But Means' ballot is what led me to Vitale's ballot, and what I noticed when I looked at Vitale's ballot is that he moved Washington UP SIX SPOTS this week -- from No. 20 to No. 14 -- after that 13-point neutral-court loss to Tennessee.
Bump. Def. worth the read if you have a few minutes! Dickie V is flat awful in his rankings and s/o to the aaron craft lover stephen means..

Bump. Def. worth the read if you have a few minutes! Dickie V is flat awful in his rankings and s/o to the aaron craft lover stephen means..
Yes, Dickie V is really old and pretty stupid for doing that. Shows he doesn't know bball like he is supposed to.

Reactions: StarRaider

Although I agree that his ranking of UT/UW doesn’t make much sense, it’s worth noting that Vitale did not move UW up 6 spots from his week 2 rankings. He actually dropped them 5 spots from #9 to #14. That article is a little misleading so I hope this helps to clear things up!

Reactions: StarRaider
Although I agree that his ranking of UT/UW doesn’t make much sense, it’s worth noting that Vitale did not move UW up 6 spots from his week 2 rankings. He actually dropped them 5 spots from #9 to #14. That article is a little misleading so I hope this helps to clear things up!

CollegePollTracker disagrees with iBOW and agrees with The Poll Attacks!

Dick Vitale at College Poll Tracker UW is 20 (Week 2)

Dick Vitale at College Poll Tracker UW is 14 (Week 3)

Not sure where iBOW is getting info from?

VN Store

Back