Vols radio

tone357

Which station do you guys think offers the best Vols coverage? Out of town listener.

I only listen to the sports animal to hear the game radio broadcast. During the week and right after football and basketball games I listen to Tony Basilio 11-1 mon-fri and Fox Sports Knox the rest of the time. I will listen to Swain sometimes but not as much as I use too.

Reactions: vanillagorilla
I listen to TB and the nation. I never listen to state run radio, i do listen to swain event. I list to the 5th quarter show with basilio.

Reactions: Jperry10
I live in Alabama and I stream wnml everyday, but definitely not because it's high-quality radio. I just want to hear some Tennessee content. One of the problems with that station is you get about 10 minutes of actual Tennessee discussion out of every half hour of commercials.

My podcast downloads some shows from fan run radio and those definitely give a lot more content. I usually listen to a show called the drive at night on the podcast app.

I listen to podcasts. Locked on Vols with Josh Ward and Swain Event both have decent podcasts. Its basically the same content. Locked on vols is short and sweet. Swain is 3 hours with a ton of commercials, But you can skip all the commercials by fast forwarding.

The apple podcast app is the easiest way to listen but locked on vols is also on Spotify

I have no desire to listen to wnml, 247, or volquest. All 3 have too many people talking over one another and that get on my nerves. Plus the recordings are terrible sounding.

Swain Event and Basilio are the best shows by far... both have apps... and Basilio has a great archive of podcasts, special shows and a multi hour post game show... both are unfiltered and unfettered by the university, so you get more pure, accurate content... Josh Ward's podcast isn't bad either... I'm not a big fan of WNML overall... also, you can watch Sunday morning's Sports Source TV broadcast on YouTube by late afternoon/evening once it's uploaded... hope that helps!

You won’t find any GREAT radio shows in Knoxville.
You won’t find any GREAT written word journalists or tv reporters in Knoxville.
Why? Because Knoxville is a medium sized market that doesn’t pay well.
Therefore, many people cut their teeth in Knoxville and once they become good they advance to a bigger higher paying market.
The lifers (think Hyams, Adams, Kesling) don’t improve but they settle in and raise their families in East Tennessee knowing they don’t have the talent to go anywhere else better.

You won’t find any GREAT radio shows in Knoxville.
You won’t find any GREAT written word journalists or tv reporters in Knoxville.
Why? Because Knoxville is a medium sized market that doesn’t pay well.
Therefore, many people cut their teeth in Knoxville and once they become good they advance to a bigger higher paying market.
The lifers (think Hyams, Adams, Kesling) don’t improve but they settle in and raise their families in East Tennessee knowing they don’t have the talent to go anywhere else better.
Bob Kesling has it good he owns the Vol Network

I do the same thing for gameseday coverage and I'll listen to Ainge. The other daytime shows aren't that great.

I turn the radio whenever Ainge comes on. He is too arrogant. He paints himself as a good QB and he was mediocre. The interception against LSU is the worst play I have ever seen in football...

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I turn the radio whenever Ainge comes on. He is too arrogant. He paints himself as a good QB and he was mediocre. The interception against LSU is the worst play I have ever seen in football...
He is arrogant. I'm pretty sure he knows that he's arrogant. Can't help it. I like the guy.

VN Store

Back