Vols practice thread Wednesday

No mention of Calbert and didn’t see him play at all the last two games. Big motor and a nasty streak. Surprised he didn’t get in with the injuries and shuffling O Line.

Not surprising. The players have figured out that the scrub is going to start. We've reverted back to our week 1 energy level.

Expect a bad performance from the team if Jarette starts.

Once a year if we're lucky.
I bet you’re on to something.

Reactions: DoyleMcOrange
Yup. UK gets an off week and we are beat to hell with major injury issues on the Oline. That’s when losses happen.

Bad scheduling luck.
Yeah. I’m not as optimistic as I once was about this game, but I do think our defense will hold up for most of the game.

Reactions: tbones0711
I think its interesting that some want to bench this one, start that one, transfer the other one and no one knows wtf is going on with any of them. Lol.
Hell with it....it's laughable really. CJP is so secretive so as to not allow our opponents any info that it has a side-effect on the fanbase. With computers we now live in a world of dis-information.....I'm going fishing......Go Vols....WKFA

Reactions: Sowbug2000
Almost all spoken injuries are offense. Haven't heard much about defense. That's the unit that's coming on strong and really getting better. I'm sure UK is working on a few surprises but I don't see them running the ball on us well at all. Shaping up to be a defensive battle. I'm only asking one favor from CJP........on 4th and 1 and we're in FG range, just take the almost automatic 3 and be done with it.

No mention of Calbert and didn’t see him play at all the last two games. Big motor and a nasty streak. Surprised he didn’t get in with the injuries and shuffling O Line.
He played against UAB. Not sure how many series he was in

I am curious about your definition of "upstaged".

JG 229 yds 2TDs,
JT Shrout 122 yds 1 TD.

I guess my thoughts about upstaging someone means you did better than the other person.
Notice you left out completion %. Shrout was also on time and target more than JG.

Notice you left out completion %. Shrout was also on time and target more than JG.
That is interesting that you mention that. When completion percentage is used to defend JG's play, it is a stat that is unacceptable to your bunch. When it can be used to confirm the MM agenda, suddenly it is relevant?

Reactions: AKVOL1422
That is interesting that you mention that. When completion percentage is used to defend JG's play, it is a stat that is unacceptable to your bunch. When it can be used to confirm the MM agenda, suddenly it is relevant?
It is unacceptable standing alone. He had a good game vs USC but Shrout’s success provides perspective.

You can have a high completion rate and produce yards and first downs and points like Burrow. Or you can throw very “safe” passes and have a high completion rate while not doing so. The latter is the story of JG’s career

It is unacceptable standing alone. He had a good game vs USC but Shrout’s success provides perspective.

You can have a high completion rate and produce yards and first downs and points like Burrow. Or you can throw very “safe” passes and have a high completion rate while not doing so. The latter is the story of JG’s career
I am really not trying to be difficult, nor am I "defending" JG, but all three touchdown's thrown by both QBs were on aggressive deep throws. The Average Yards per completion was 20.8 for JG versus 17.4 for Shrout. Again, the numbers do not back up the Upstaging of JG by JTS that I was commenting on in my post. The JG detractors change what stats are important for a QB whenever it is convenient to meet their agenda. Again, I am not a JG fanatic, per say, but I cannot stand "Fans" that absolutely obsess over being derogatory toward any player. It is nothing personal, just putting out the numbers and my opinion.

VN Store

Back