Vols Practice Thread Wednesday

Not to mention, somewhere along the way I saw a list of recruits who are visiting this weekend. Too many of them have said, "Neyland being so loud" is an advantage for it not to be true. That's one reason I can't get behind the empty Neyland push. GBO!

**Edit** Pruitt officially names Maurer starter against Miss St

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!

Beat State!!!

ubben

g.henley

p.brown

j.simonton

p.brown

That makes no sense. Where the hell are Jerome Carvin and Ryan Johnson? Why would you be repping a guy at the ones who hasn’t even played and is a true freshman.

That makes no sense. Where the hell are Jerome Carvin and Ryan Johnson? Why would you be repping a guy at the ones who hasn’t even played and is a true freshman.
Carvin has been dealing with some minor injuries and Ryan Johnson is at center due to Kennedy being less than 100%

Reactions: RollerVol
Thanks for the post.
Glad to see that Maurer is having a good week, AND...that Coach Pruitt has already announced his start for Saturday. That's NOT "JG hate". JG is a fine young man who has a role to play and I wish him well. For the moment..Maurer appears to be our best option to start the game. .
ALSO...pleased that the defense is working on some special plans. They clearly can't be counted on to just beat down the other side...they have to get "tricky". FINE...whatever it's gonna take. Glad that's been recognized and is being addressed.

Reactions: Sara Clark
"Jarrett Guarantano was still wild but Brian Maurer, who took a the first reps, was sharp and accurate throwing the football. "

Buffy.gif

Reactions: govols105
Its disappointing that Carvin, Jamir Johnson, and Tatum hasnt improved enough where they are being passed up by a third freshman who wasnt even healthy until several weeks ago.

Says a lot doesn't it? Wonder why we haven't been able to run the ball or protect the passer the past couple of years. O line is one are of the team that has shown improvement this year. keep turning that roster over.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Working TE's in pass catching. A safe guess that Chaney figures Maurer needs more targets and with how fast he can get the ball out of his hands, the extra blockers might not be needed as often. I hope this weekend we see the Domino effect of offensive production a quick release QB can generate.

"I only saw a bit of routes on air today but it was much crisper than yesterday. Jarrett Guarantano was still wild but Brian Maurer, who took a the first reps, was sharp and accurate throwing the football. "

It helps to be coach-able, is my take.

"I only saw a bit of routes on air today but it was much crisper than yesterday. Jarrett Guarantano was still wild but Brian Maurer, who took a the first reps, was sharp and accurate throwing the football. "

It helps to be coach-able, is my take.
I think these media practice reports have proved to be completely made up since the time Pruitt took over. Up until Maurer took over JG always looked sharper in practice and was said to be ahead of the group by a mile. Now that JG is on the bench he all of a sudden looks worst in practice and now Maurer looks sharp.

Reactions: dcm3w
I take these reports with a grain of salt. For the past two years we've been hearing about how JG is light year's ahead of the competition but now Maurer is somehow is the front runner.

I think these media practice reports have proved to be completely made up since the time Pruitt took over. Up until Maurer took over JG always looked sharper in practice and was said to be ahead of the group by a mile. Now that JG is on the bench he all of a sudden looks worst in practice and now Maurer looks sharp.

Thank you! I just posted something similar.

I take these reports with a grain of salt. For the past two years we've been hearing about how JG is light year's ahead of the competition but now Maurer is somehow is the front runner.
I’ve been telling everyone that exact thing since spring. It’s just “coach talk”. But don’t worry...... it’ll get back to normal the moment BM has a bad game. “I told you so” will be running ramped

VN Store

Back