Vols Practice Thread Tuesday

I read on one of the VN threads that JJPs labrum injury in the spring had set him back and that he missed a lot of summer conditioning which then slowed fall progress. That theory is more hopeful than some of the other explanations I have heard...so I’m going with that one!
Not a VN thread but here:
Could J.J. Peterson help Tennessee football's depth issues at linebacker?
If the link doesn’t work, it was an article by Mike Wilson In KNS, who reported on Sherrer at QB Club. It seems to be available for free.

With the shortage of LBs now, Has there been any word on the status of Jordan Allen? Is he out for the year? Expected big things from him when he signed.

Until we lost a few LBs, I really thought we should've made the switch of Crouch to RB. I feel like we desperately need a downhill RB that can average 4 yards a carry inside the tackles. Gray, Chandler, and Jordan all are decent backs but they lack the push.

I'm glad Chaney is grilling the QBs. No need to hold their hand. We want perfection. QB's job is to be a student of the game. Knowing everything about the offense and defense, being aware of where defenders will be, and can audible to the most statistically successful play are key to being a great game managing QB.

Brandon Johnson has only played in 4 of the five games and has just two catches.... if I were Pruitt I think I’d go ahead and redshirt him. Good for team to get an experienced WR back next year when we’ll be really short on pass catchers and good for him cause he’d see much more targets next year than he will this year

Brandon Johnson has only played in 4 of the five games and has just two catches.... if I were Pruitt I think I’d go ahead and redshirt him. Good for team to get an experienced WR back next year when we’ll be really short on pass catchers and good for him cause he’d see much more targets next year than he will this year
I like him too. He doesn’t go down easily

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

That's what his Uncle's said yesterday.
He's red-shirting

That's what his Uncle's said yesterday.
He's red-shirting
Don’t know who you’re referring to when you say “Uncle” but I’m glad to hear it
Edit: oh his uncle. Excuse me I’m an idiot and misread

Duuuude...A few of the D Linemen look way quicker than the practice videos at the beginning of the season. Also, hope BM ribs are ok. He's got that pad on.
Yep....Wish they'd run those bag drills under a chute though, because they are still too high. The offense seems to stress this...wish the dee would work on staying lower.

VN Store

Back