Vols Practice Thread Tuesday

I’m going to cut JG some slack.
When you have receivers not running game speed on a slant, post, go or crossing route in practice it’s hard to blame any qb for throwing it behind. And guess who’s trailing behind in a game...... THE FREAKING DB!!!! I don’t want to hear s*** about a qb starring down a primary receiver any more! I see why now..... they are in different spots in the same amount of time on game day.

In JG, BM and JTSs defense it’s no wonder any qb has to stare a receiver down on game day because they are jogging in practice. How in the hell is a qb supposed to know where you’re going to be when his clock goes off?

I would assume those reps aren’t full speed on purpose. In high school we didn’t do full speed right away you warm up your QBs and Receivers first.

When you have receivers not running game speed on a slant, post, go or crossing route in practice it’s hard to blame any qb for throwing it behind. And guess who’s trailing behind in a game...... THE FREAKING DB!!!! I don’t want to hear s*** about a qb starring down a primary receiver any more! I see why now..... they are in different spots in the same amount of time on game day.

How do you know they aren’t just warming up on these routes? Most teams do warm up and then 100%

Edit: oh and btw if what you are saying is the case wouldn’t that be on T and Chaney or is it coach Pruitts fault? (Bet you they are purposefully not going 💯 though)

Why yall keep doing this to yourselves?? Yall know what the media see is basically warmups. It's like that in every video.

What I don't like is them tinkering with the oline again. I liked the 5 that started against FL.

How do you know they aren’t just warming up on these routes? Most teams do warm up and then 100%

Edit: oh and btw if what you are saying is the case wouldn’t that be on T and Chaney or is it coach Pruitts fault? (Bet you they are purposefully not going 💯 though)
Im going to go with your suggestion that it may be warm ups. If that’s the case it’s understandable.

If you’re not right then it’s on Tee and Chaney. You can even make a case for the qbs themselves for not identifying and correcting the problem.

Well would you like them to go full speed out of the gate and tear muscles? Come on man.
We don’t know when open period is. Therefore we don’t know if this is or isn’t at the beginning, middle or end of practice. But I’ve responded to you already on other posts admitting you may have a point.

Reactions: 08Vol
Anyone who has ever played competitive sports will say if you practice like crap you'll play like crap. My middle school soccer travel team practices were more intense than what we are seeing from UT.
I realize every coach is different so I’m not going to take a shot but you’re right, It’s not a good look. On teams I’ve coached I would always have them walk out every play with no ball. Then I would have them jog it with no ball. Once the ball was inserted into the play every player understood that it was “go” time and the ball better not touch the ground. If the offense won the play they chose the exercise for the entire defense and vise versa. That’s how we got our conditioning. Needless to say intensity was never an issue at practice. That being said, I never made 4 million a year either.

How about hearing this, maybe their tired of running routes for JG. Why run routes at full speed when on Saturdays you know your QB isn't gonna get you the ball. JG doesn't distribute the ball!

Reactions: 08Vol
How about hearing this, maybe their tired of running routes for JG. Why run routes at full speed when on Saturdays you know your QB isn't gonna get you the ball. JG doesn't distribute the ball!
Understood. But that was Maurer they were running “go” routes for. If anything they should know hell give them a chance. Chizzle brought up it may just be warm ups. If that’s true I’m cool but still not a good look knowing our issues.

VN Store

Back