Vols Practice Thread #10

How many National Championship teams was Pittman on again...seems like something less than 1..

The fact that UGA didn't win vs. Bama in the National Title game or the SEC title game isn't on Pittman. His line did what they needed to do. GA folded in other areas of the game.

The fact that UGA didn't win vs. Bama in the National Title game or the SEC title game isn't on Pittman. His line did what they needed to do. GA folded in other areas of the game.
Point missed. Is it your opinion that he’s the only championship level OL coach out there? Hope not...cuz he’s never leaving UGA.

Ok, I know I'm posting on page four, and I honestly didn't read the first three pages of posts (I'm a busy man), but somebody tell me if the fact that Aubrey moved to the back of the line portends bad news from the NCAA? I mean if they're not giving us DeAngelo, surely they'll say ok to Solomon, right?

Didn't say it was on him? That's not the point.
As Butchna said, every championship ever won was done so without him. It's not that he isn't good, it's VNs infatuation with him that he has accomplished something no one else has, when in truth, he hasn't.

Reactions: MadWorld and illvol
Point missed. Is it your opinion that he’s the only championship level OL coach out there? Hope not...cuz he’s never leaving UGA.

No, it's not. I do think he's one of the best out there. The point is not missed. The post I quoted insinuates on some level that because he has not been a part of a national champ. team, that we shouldn't want him back here or he's just not that good. And you're probably right, I don't see him leaving UGA with what Kirby has going there right now.

No, it's not. I do think he's one of the best out there. The point is not missed. The post I quoted insinuates on some level that because he has not been a part of a national champ. team, that we shouldn't want him back here or he's just not that good. And you're probably right, I don't see him leaving UGA with what Kirby has going there right now.
No it didn't insinuate that.

Didn't say it was on him? That's not the point.
As Butchna said, every championship ever won was done so without him. It's not that he isn't good, it's VNs infatuation with him that he has accomplished something no one else has, when in truth, he hasn't.

Fair enough. But as I stated to Butchna above, it came across as because he's not been a part of a NC team, he's somehow less than. He's one of the best out there. Not sure it's an infatuation with him, I think it's just he actually had one of the last decent OLs we've seen around here in some time.

Edit: And had some really nice OLs at Arky and UGA.

It is disappointing that the OC should have the need to coach up the OL. Especially with the Vols tradition on the O-line. Don't want to be negative but this line is too young not to be handled with a firm hand by their position coach.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Fair enough. But as I stated to Butchna above, it came across as because he's not been a part of a NC team, he's somehow less than. He's one of the best out there. Not sure it's an infatuation with him, I think it's just he actually had one of the last decent OLs we've seen around here in some time.

Edit: And had some really nice OLs at Arky and UGA.
You ladies just gotta get your own chatboard, or exchange emails, or get a room or something.

I agree with others that he doesn't need to be made fun of, and his weight doesn't affect his value as a human. But it is a legitimate health concern that is literally going to kill him if not addressed. I hope he gets the help he needs for he and his family's sake. That level of weight and being out in the heat all day is a dangerous mix.

Yeah, it's sort of interesting that we can be so concerned - and talk at length about - Smiths condition, but we aren't allowed to mention Chaney's.

Reactions: Titan05
Just how much money are we wasting on Will Friend? Not making good assistant decisions is what got Fulmer fired.

Have to be happy that Chaney is not ready to put up with mediocrity.
Boy, so many people are stretching Chaney going off on the OLine into a Will Friend can't coach scenario. Many a time I've seen a coordinator or a head coach go off on a group and it has nothing to do with the assistant.

There’s NO ONE that wouldn’t want him back. Lot of the blowback comes from those that buy the fallacy that he and Chaney are a package deal or that it’s a matter of forking out money.

Just my guess but I’m thinking it was more about follow through and not slacking off then not knowing how . It’s hot , they have been in full pads for days now , the big guys get tired and don’t give 100% every down . Probably just a little adjustment or tune up to put it mildly .

Having to be told over and over to the point where an Assistant has to go through a drill is a little more than follow through. If they want to win games late in the 4th they’ve got to fight through it.

VN Store

Back