Vols Practice Thread #10

I am happy with the fact that he is letting the offense know that he is in charge and will absolutely NOT accept anything but correct technique on anything. The fact that he got on the ones with the pads playing DL for not actually putting full effort into that role is beyond incredible. He expect perfection in all aspects of practice even.

Happy for you.

Trey Smith. I can genuinely say I've never wanted any player to succeed just for himself, as much as I do him. I got a lump in my throat reading about him going through the rep on his own. That's something special IMO without the issue he's having. Just can't say enough.

Godspeed young man.
thanks man. i rarely get to be 1st in anything anymore. so i got this going for me. :)

and yeah....agree about TS. i hope he can play, selfishly of course, but also be cause he's one of the ones that "gets it". and as much as think his health comes first, i also can't help but think what a loss it would be for this program to not have his imprint on it as a leader on the field.

Reactions: Remy and Behr
-Ubben

e. cain

simonton

p.brown

b.mckee

As always, thank you, Rollie. This is probably the best practice recap I have read this month. Absolutely LOVE to hear that a coach -- the OC, no less -- is throwing his weight around (not a joke) and getting after these OL guys and pushing them to do it right. I am wondering if Chaney is missing Sam Pittman. I am also wondering what it was like to be Will Friend during those drills.

I’ll say it...

It’s obvious some guys still don’t know how to practice.

Just my guess but I’m thinking it was more about follow through and not slacking off then not knowing how . It’s hot , they have been in full pads for days now , the big guys get tired and don’t give 100% every down . Probably just a little adjustment or tune up to put it mildly .

Reactions: Ertel
Will Friend has been relegated to water boy.
Absolutely incredible news that Emerson May have recovered from his injury and may well live up to his hype. Conversely it’s absolutely amazing how much of a busy Peterson is turning out to be. Henry t coming in gangbusters will more than make up for that though it appears.

Reactions: Pacer92
Absolutely incredible news that Emerson May have recovered from his injury and may well live up to his hype. Conversely it’s absolutely amazing how much of a busy Peterson is turning out to be. Henry t coming in gangbusters will more than make up for that though it appears.
Other then one bad practice in the first week I've heard nothing but good things in regards to JJ Peterson so I'm not sure where your coming from

I just want Audrey

dana-barron-photo-u1

latest

nintchdbpict000287669049.jpg

He could lose 100lbs and still be way overweight, it would be nice to see Jim Chaney give a flip

I agree with others that he doesn't need to be made fun of, and his weight doesn't affect his value as a human. But it is a legitimate health concern that is literally going to kill him if not addressed. I hope he gets the help he needs for he and his family's sake. That level of weight and being out in the heat all day is a dangerous mix.

Kind of sounds that way. Needs to up his game. Glad Chaney took the bull by the horns and is making it clear it's his show. OL better wake up and smell the coffee. I'm not looking for "improvement" from game 1 to game 2. I'm looking for the OL to steamroll their first three opponents. If they can't do that, it's another long season.

VN Store

Back