Vols Practice Thread #10

Fingers

OC Jim Chaney worked exclusively with the OL during today's open period. Did so as loudly and demonstratively as we've seen all camp. He was basically running the drills, and very displeased with guys not finishing blocks during a drive block drill.
-Ubben

Vols OC Jim Chaney was....passionate, to say the least, at today's practice.
e. cain

Chaney spent the entire two periods with the offensive line, leading multiple drills. Tennessee’s offensive coordinator went ballistic on several lineman for not finishing blocks, even throwing Jahmir Johnson out of the drill at one point following a poor rep. Newcomers (Darnell Wright and walk-on Parker Ball) and vets (Ryan Johnson and Brandon Kennedy) received Chaney’s wrath at spot point. Twice Chaney made the entire group redo a rep. Overall, it was not a fun few periods to be an offensive lineman Tuesday.

Jacquez Jones, who has generated some positive buzz behind the scenes, was taking reps ahead of Jordan Murphy in the slot at times Tuesday.

After Aubrey Solomon ran with the 1s during the scrimmage the Michigan transfer was at the back of the line of practice reps Tuesday. Greg Emerson was still at the first-team nose tackle.

A couple injury notes: JJ Peterson appeared full-contact Tuesday, and John Mincey was also full-go. Will Ignont also out there, with his left ankle still heavily tapped. Meanwhile, Roman Harrison was limited with an undisclosed injury, not doing much drill work.
simonton

When Chaney saw something he didn't like, he let it be known and often made players redo their reps. Much of his anger also focused on the players holding the blocking pads but not giving their a teammates a quality look by popping them with the pad. He wanted the players holding the pads to simulate a defensive lineman.

Veteran inside linebacker Daniel Bituli and freshman outside linebacker Roman Harrison were limited on Tuesday. The two players returned to the practice field after a brief visit to the training room, but really didn't participate in any drills and only watched their teammates.

As Kevin Sherrer worked on some calls with the inside linebackers, the first two up were freshman Henry To'o To'o and junior Shanon Reid.

Tennessee's routes-on-air period was mostly crisp on Tuesday with most of the drops and poor throws typically included walk-ons at quarterback and/or wide receiver.
p.brown

While Chaney wasn’t happy, Trey Smith’s work ethic continues to stand out above the rest. Smith was pulled from a drill to allow a fellow offensive lineman to get a rep and instead of taking a rep off, Smith stood 10-or-so-yards behind the drill and went through the rep on his own. Chaney threw Jahmir Johnson out of a drill at one point.

Along the defensive line, Greg Emerson worked with the first team during drills. Aubrey Solomon, however, was at the back of the line. Emerson had a strong scrimmage on Sunday, and his positive momentum carried into the second full week of fall camp.
After being limited to begin fall camp, sophomore defensive end John Mincey was much more active during drills today for the first time. He even drew praise from defensive line coach Tracy Rocker.

Nigel Warrior went first in the safeties drills, followed by Trevon Flowers. Theo Jackson, Jaylen McCollough, Cheyenne Labruzza, Aaron Beasley, and Brandon Davis followed.
b.mckee

Last edited:
I just want Audrey
actress-audrey-hepburn-nei-panni-holly-golightly-nel-film-e2809ccolazione-da-tiffanye2809d-ap-photo.jpg

Happy for you.

Trey Smith. I can genuinely say I've never wanted any player to succeed just for himself, as much as I do him. I got a lump in my throat reading about him going through the rep on his own. That's something special IMO without the issue he's having. Just can't say enough.

Godspeed young man.

VN Store

Back