Vols Picked 4th in SEC, UK Picked to Win SEC

I think this every year I see the pre-season (and end of year for that matter) rankings. But how on earth does Georgia not have a competent basketball program? They've had talent and GA itself is a pretty good recruiting state for basketball too...

No kidding. Tennessee is easily among the top 3-4 and anyone of them could win it and nobody on the Tennessee forum is picking them?

Im taking Tennessee (no homer)

I think it's mostly that last year seemed to sour some on the idea of picking Tennessee with so much unknown about the roster. Alabama is a known quantity. Sure, they lose some production, but they return arguably 2 of their 3 best players, a bunch of other bench pieces that were great, add J.D. Davidson and have some other nice new roster additions, too. You know what to expect out of Alabama, which is that they will be extremely good.

Tennessee.....well, as fans obviously we see the potential. But, we have no idea if John Fulkerson will be 2019 Fulky or COVID Fulky. We don't know if ORN or Bailey can take the next step, or if they'll continue to be liabilities on the court. We have no clue what to expect from BHH, a 5-star prospect that will need to be a major contributor for us to win the SEC. We're told Zakai Zeiglar, an unranked prospect who only recently came onto our radar is making a huge push for major playing time, but we don't know if that's a good thing or a bad sign that the rest of the roster is not what we expect.

The only point I am trying to make is we know what we'll get from Alabama. We don't really know what we'll get with Tennessee....yet. Last year gave me some pause after seeing that team with so many new faces struggle to gel. Who knows how this year will go. We could make it to the Final Four with this roster, or we could be bounced by a 12-seed again. It's hard to say.

He averaged 12/7 in the postseason last year as a freshman and is a beast on defense. Expected JD Notae to make it before him though honestly.

Pippen is really good but I can't see them actually giving it to a player on a team that finishes so low even if he deserves it. Awards now in every sport are 80% popularity contests.
Helps when you shoot it more than anyone else on your team. I agree about about Notae or even one of the transfers.

VN Store

Back