Vols' non-conference opponents, game payouts during 2020s

I hope we and Nebraska are back to our old '90s ways when we play and it is a top ten matchup.

Someone please explain to me how we get $400K for going to Oklahoma? Is there not a return trip for them? Also, how is it we have to pay Pittsburgh when they come here and pay them for playing there?

Someone please explain to me how we get $400K for going to Oklahoma? Is there not a return trip for them? Also, how is it we have to pay Pittsburgh when they come here and pay them for playing there?

9/12 – at Oklahoma (Tennessee receives $400,000)
9/07 – Oklahoma (Oklahoma receives $400,000)

9/11 – Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh receives $300,000)
9/10 – at Pittsburgh (Tennessee receives $300,000)

Can I play TN??? :D

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: TrueVolsGBOInsider
Big OOC games at Neyland will continue to be rare until Knoxville reworks the ticket tax. It is cheaper to show a payment to the other school as a revenue reduction and then make it up with the pay for the away game that isn't taxed under the ticket tax. If you want big P5 games, complain to the Knoxville city council.

I like that we're keeping up a good OOC schedule. Its good for the program.
With BYU and Pitt it’s actually weaker than we typically have scheduled. Given that we play UGA, UF, and Bama every year that might be for the best but I love those big ooc games.

9/12 – at Oklahoma (Tennessee receives $400,000)
9/07 – Oklahoma (Oklahoma receives $400,000)

9/11 – Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh receives $300,000)
9/10 – at Pittsburgh (Tennessee receives $300,000)

Is this standard? Do all of the SEC schools pay each other? I naturally thought that with return trips every thing was equaled out.

Big OOC games at Neyland will continue to be rare until Knoxville reworks the ticket tax. It is cheaper to show a payment to the other school as a revenue reduction and then make it up with the pay for the away game that isn't taxed under the ticket tax. If you want big P5 games, complain to the Knoxville city council.

Big OOC games at Neyland will be rare until we no longer suck....

I like that the smaller schools are better compensated. Getting takin to the woodshed by the bigger teams is a necessary evil to stabilize their financially challenged Athletic Departments.

Reactions: maotai

VN Store

Back