Vols no longer pursuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
normally, I'd agree. But this kid has talent.
would love to see him in Knoxville. Not gonna happen, but I'm not about to say it's not a loss.
I think he'd make one hell of a safety. He's 6'3" and over 200 pounds now. He plays QB, so he understands offenses and route concepts. He is a well above average athlete. We may have no shot with him and his brother, but I never say never until the ink is dry. I would love for us to have a 6'3" 215lb safety or star with a high football IQ and ball skills.

Reactions: LittleVol
Heupel doesn’t run Butch’s offense. And everyone knows it. Lying to get one recruit isn’t worth continuing the damage to instate recruiting. Pruitt got wildcat QBs Beckwith and Holliday to come aboard and neither is on the depth chart at this point.
Beckwith and Holiday both played as true freshman. And that was just last season. Judging them a tad early, maybe...

kinda like Dobbs week to week things can change in the game plan. Go look up his state championship numbers. I don’t think you’ll be giggling then. Kid can play qb.

Dobbs was way faster, and could throw. 29yds passing? I could throw for more than that and I'm 51. 🤣

who cares. He plays weak HS football competition in Tennessee. Not a loss
Honest question, does it mean that he is not going to be successful just because he plays weak competition. Don’t the measurable matter more (speed, power, agility, etc)?

I get that playing high level competition gives more confidence in evaluation of film but I can’t imagine that just because you play weak competition means you can’t play. Am I wrong?

Reactions: peaygolf
Honest question, does it mean that he is not going to be successful just because he plays weak competition. Don’t the measurable matter more (speed, power, agility, etc)?

I get that playing high level competition gives more confidence in evaluation of film but I can’t imagine that just because you play weak competition means you can’t play. Am I wrong?
No, he’s not going to be successful because he’s going to play for kentucky

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Beckwith and Holiday both played as true freshman. And that was just last season. Judging them a tad early, maybe...

This staff likes Holiday. He will get some chances this year if he will stay healthy. People read too much into depth charts especially at a position like WR in this offense you will see several playing.

Look it's not lying. It's recruiting there's not 1 school this doesn't happen at. It's not just Cobb at Ky or Jennings at UT. Hell Fulmer did it alot and most coaches do it at some point. As far as what it does to qb numbers, you tell the true qbs you recruiting he's an athlete and we're recruiting him as one. I keep telling you all that recruiting and coaches and integrity or honesty DO NOT go hand in hand.
Got it. But we already have several athletes without a position. We need LB but not everyone wants to change positions.

This staff likes Holiday. He will get some chances this year if he will stay healthy. People read too much into depth charts especially at a position like WR in this offense you will see several playing.
The opportunity for playing time is there. Lets
See if he takes advantage.

We need as many great edge rushing types as we can get. His brother could become a great one.

Need to go ahead a give Destin a shot at QB and sign them both.

He’s not a QB!

The fact UK was the only school to offer him a shot at QB is pretty damn telling.
It doesn't matter.

He asked for a shot at QB. So give him the shot, and let him figure it out for himself. Just like Holiday last year for us. Jennings in 2016. As in Juaun Jennings. Maybe the best "football player " at WR the past 10 years. So...it's not like this hasn't done before. Not sure why any of you all are really arguing this.

Meanwhile we add a much needed explosive player on the edge in his brother Keaton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back