VOLS MVP

Who was our MVP in 2004

• Total voters
I just moved from Tennessee to Dallas so I had to go to the Cotton Bowl. That was the only game I saw live this season besides the Florida game. When Simon went down I was devastated :shakehead: , but Burnett and the rest of the linebacking corps stepped up to fill the viod. At the Cotton Bowl Kevin Burnett proved why he is the MVP of the 2004 season. He spied Reggie McNeal, who runs a 4.38 forty, and held him to basically nothing. This is almost the equivalent of spying Michael Vick. He was the only player, with the exception of Jason Allen, to consistently make tough, open field, solo tackles for the Vols all season long. He was the one that motivated the defense when things were going bad and anchored the defense when thing were going good. Yeah, Allen had a hell of a season but Burnett was the leader of this defense and had more game altering plays than anyone else on the Volunteer defense. :peace2: :)

hey man i know this is way off base but how is dallas im moving to dallas for school this fall from upper east tennessee near johnson city.....I'm sure its gonna be a bit of a culture shock considering ive lived in tennessee my whole life :number1:

I'll also have to say Burnett. He was the vocal leader of the defense. After the first loss to Auburn, he vowed there would be a rematch. I still wish we would have beat them the seccond time, but he is the biggest reason we got there in the first place. Though I do believe Mahalona is deserving of the honor as well.

VN Store

Back