Vols Linebacker arrested with guns and drugs(Kivon Bennett)

The problem is if it is legal you may be tempted. The effect of smoking pot on daily basis will be detrimental to the user and those friends and family around him or her. Alcohol and smoking addictions have mostly long term consequences to your health. The effects of marijuana are more immediate. It will likely decrease your ability to perform what ever tasks needed for your job. You will lose your job if you are a medical professional. You will lose your job if you run machinery or drive a vehicle in your job. The cost is too high. People are simply idiots who believe legalizing marijuana is the right thing to do.

I’m not casting an opinion about the soundness of the decision. I’m just stating that it appears inevitable that it will happen.

Why don't we just legalize crack, heroin, cocaine, meth, etc? Then everyone can walk around more f'd-up than normal. Brilliant.
How about people stop worrying about policing everyone else? You are acting like people smoke and then want to run out in public to create as much havoc as possible. If a person wants to sit in their home and smoke meth, you nor I should gaf. If someone is under the influence in public, then you enforce laws to protect others.

Reactions: jtupnsmoke
Everyone deserves second chances and all, especially if/when they have made amends or “served their time.”

However I have ZERO pity on folks like this.

Many kids NEVER get an opportunity like this young man was given. Many kids “may” be just as talented (in one way or another) however for whatever reason they were not noticed or were simply not give an opportunity.

This kid was given an opportunity which could have changed his life FOREVER.

Instead he basically gave the middle finger to the amazing opportunity which had been given.

Now there may be some kid somewhere getting caught for the same thing.......however this kid actually felt hopeless, and felt he had no other opportunity or “way out” so to speak.......maybe this kids life “could” have been different if “he” had been given the opportunity......who knows.

Everyone makes mistakes......especially kids. However kids should be thankful and respectful of opportunities given to them especially ones which could change the outcome of their lives for the entirety of their life.
THE WEED OK BUT HAVING THAT GUN ON CAMPUS IS BAD REAL BAD

Have those 2 hot shot LBs we signed last year from Whitehaven played any yet ? I can’t remember their names but what’s up with them ?
I’ve been wondering the same about the Whitehaven trio. I think they McDonald had surgery early on and French may have too. I think Eason and them have gotten a few snaps in garbage time. I have high hopes for them as they develop.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
How about people stop worrying about policing everyone else? You are acting like people smoke and then want to run out in public to create as much havoc as possible. If a person wants to sit in their home and smoke meth, you nor I should gaf. If someone is under the influence in public, then you enforce laws to protect others.
If you smoke meth, shoot up heroin, snort cocaine, etc. you have major problems. You will lose your health, your job, your family, and eventually your life. Buh-Bye.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
If you smoke meth, shoot up heroin, snort cocaine, etc. you have major problems. You will lose your health, your job, your family, and eventually your life. Buh-Bye.
i don't know. i knew plenty of people who did a lot of blow in the 80s and 90s and are fine now having suffered no adverse social or health consequences for their actions. i try to keep an open mind. live and let live.

Legalize all drugs, allow for 1 utilization of life saving procedure for an OD, let the problems sort themselves out and enjoy the benefits of the added tax dollars.

Gun crimes should continue to receive the maximum punishment.

I will say that I shudder to think of all the idiotic things I did when I was younger. I think most of us make some poor decisions when we're young. Hopefully, he'll learn and grow from this.

The problem is we are paying for the health care of the addict of “insert your drug” of choice. My wife works in healthcare and sees the **** every day. IV drug abusers who get multiple heart valve replacements because they wont stop using drugs. Do you think they are paying for those surgeries? Who do you think is paying for the narcan that the drug addicts that are ODing in the streets get? When i dont have to support these people with my tax money, smoke all the meth you want.

If
Legalize all drugs, allow for 1 utilization of life saving procedure for an OD, let the problems sort themselves out and enjoy the benefits of the added tax dollars.

If you legalize all drugs i think guns laws should go too. You dont get to pick and choose which laws you want to follow if you want freedom from laws.

I'm not sure how coaches keep players from being dumb. Much less the AD. Maybe they have the resources available to follow them around and I just don't know about it.
They lead them and know them. The players trust them and come to them when they suspect someone is going astray. They recognize warning signs and react effectively. This isn't the first incident of this type since Pruitt arrived.

Fulmer had an epidemic of off the field problems leading up to his dismissal. Those problems became VERY rare from Kiffin to Jones.

If you look around the CFB world, some programs have more problems than others. It requires a broad and multi-faceted solution but it starts with the leadership of the HC and AD.

I know the difference. Regardless of the differences, I'd still be considered a felon for having his seizure rescue med. But it isn't all or nothing on smoking. You can take a hit or two and get some relief from a headache while not being "high". Or you can smoke an entire joint and be glued to the couch and eat everything in the fridge. But folks won't understand those differences without having an open and honest conversation.
might want to study your TCA codes a little, I believe you are a bit confused

The problem is we are paying for the health care of the addict of “insert your drug” of choice. My wife works in healthcare and sees the **** every day. IV drug abusers who get multiple heart valve replacements because they wont stop using drugs. Do you think they are paying for those surgeries? Who do you think is paying for the narcan that the drug addicts that are ODing in the streets get? When i dont have to support these people with my tax money, smoke all the meth you want.
ding ding ding, we have a winner....not to mention the fact that roughly 75-80% of all other crimes are drug related

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Tell that to my grandmother who needs to ingest it into her lungs to get relief from her COPD. Her inhalers don't work, nor any of the other pharmaceuticals. But y'all keep having this idea that the only uses are to get high.
maybe your grandmother shouldnt have smoked all her life?

The US had a severe drug problem in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Drugs remained legal and largely uncontrolled. The problem almost disappeared following a movement by private groups to warn the public, preach sobriety, and rescue addicts. That and the sight of addicts dying in ditches... was effective. There was no DEA. There were few laws governing drugs or their recreational use.

But the user felt the full weight of the consequences of their choices... and that's how freedom coupled with responsibility is FAR more effective in disciplining a society.

Youre hilarious thinking that EMS will be allowed to only give narcan once...you do realize in Knoxville alone they do it probably 20 times a day, and its not unusual for them to do it to the same person 10 times a month

VN Store

Back