Vols land 5-star QB Nico Iamaleava

All the talk about of Heupel could recruit were always combined with the thought that the evident attractiveness of Heupel’s offense to high school stars would eventually pay off. That hope has now proved well founded. High school kids were obviously watching the VOLS offense light it up last season and stated salivating at the thought of wearing the power T. As big as landing Nico is in and of itself, don’t lose sight of the other wider story, Tennessee is now a hot commodity again if you are a skilled offensive player dreaming of playing on Sunday. The word is out that Heupel can make you a star.

All the talk about of Heupel could recruit were always combined with the thought that the evident attractiveness of Heupel’s offense to high school stars would eventually pay off. That hope has now proved well founded. High school kids were obviously watching the VOLS offense light it up last season and stated salivating at the thought of wearing the power T. As big as landing Nico is in and of itself, don’t lose sight of the other wider story, Tennessee is now a hot commodity again if you are a skilled offensive player dreaming of playing on Sunday. The word is out that Heupel can make you a star.
And throw in that JH appears to be a genuine high character guy who along with AD rebuilding the TN culture...it all rolls up to a net positive...just as we’ve seen the price of bad hires, bad decisions and toxic culture gave us a decade + of black clouds.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Its funny seeing you guys get your dicks hard over a kid who hasn't played a game yet. There have been plenty of quarterbacks that were "sure things" that were worth more than $8 million and ended up being total busts. I'm really excited to hear how quickly you turn on a kid making a ton of money when he doesn't play well.....
It's sad you would find joy in him failing. What kind of person are you?

Hope he pans out. Also hope we didn’t blow the whole NIL budget on him.
It’s my understanding that Spyre’s original budget was $4-$5 million a year. They quickly revised the budget to $25 million a year. By this time next year I expect it to be closer to $40 million each class.

For people who can't contemplate the value in him, imagine what Peyton was worth as a junior. That and his continued association with UT has been worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

For people who can't contemplate the value in him, imagine what Peyton was worth as a junior. That and his continued association with UT has been worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
As a junior, not a HS senior. But I'm glad we got him.

Exactly. Why are the people who are the biggest complainers always the ones that haven’t contributed anything? Contribute to Spyre then you can complain about it.
I’m willing to bet that the people contributing to Spyre are the last to complain. In fact they (I count myself in that number) are celebrating.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back