Vols land 5-star QB Nico Iamaleava

Was it worth $8M? Asking for a friend.

After wondering in the wilderness for over a decade this could potentially be program changing from all aspects. Looks to me Tennessee ain't messing around anymore. The collective has a pretty good amount to play with and it's only gonna increase with news like today. So in short you mangy mutt yes its worth every penny if it helps turn our program around!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!🍊🍊🍊🍊

Love how other fan bases talking about its just the Money but believe me Oregon Bama have offered the money. In the end He and his family love the school it's tradition and fan base and the most beautiful city in SEC. Who would not love to buy house on the lake over looking the Mountains. In CHRIST Alone

Now, can we finally get a couple elite RBs? We don't need Bo Jackson, just guys who'd be 4th or 5th stringers at LSU and UGA.

Either way Spyre owns his rights and their interest lies in all Vols sports. Even if someone wants him they will have to pay Spyre and Spyre will have leverage to get more than they paid. Either way brilliant move by Spyre! They definitely took a page out of Jimbo’s playbook
Right. And I'm sure the NIL contract says nothing about him signing with any particular school. But meeting the requirements of the contract will bring the desired result, nonetheless.

Meaning NSD is anticlimactic. He is already effectively locked in by a third party con

Great Job by the coaching staff...hope that is just the start of one of the truly great recruiting classes at UT!

It's not University money. It's Spyre marketing agency money. And rumor has it that the current operating NIL budget out of Knoxville (Spyre) is ~ $30 mil/yr.
Anyone know where all this annual money is coming from? Seriously, it's not coming from me or any of you guys is it? If there is that much money to just hand over to kids then why didn't we buy out a couple of these coaching contracts way earlier and let our football program tank for the last 20 years?

Reactions: Ref4Life
I think
Piss poor time we live in that a kid has to be bought to play football
it’s piss poor that the kids play the most injury prone sport and they have to do it at least 3 years before they can get paid yet baseball and basketball they can go straight pro or play minor leagues. I know they have minor leagues in football but everyone knows college is minor league. I would not want my super talented child to risk life long injury or death all while making others rich!

We got the resources to land the big fish. That's why I was salivating when the NIL happened. We are gonna be able to pay the big fish like few other schools can. Top 5 classes will become the norm now.
I don't have to like NIL or what it's going to do for college sports...but if we're going to be in it, we may as well be in it....change or be changed. Maybe the right culture, right coaches and NIL to boot gives us long suffering Vol fans our path back to our rightful spot at the top realm of CFB.

Anyone know where all this annual money is coming from? Seriously, it's not coming from me or any of you guys is it? If there is that much money to just hand over to kids then why didn't we buy out a couple of these coaching contracts way earlier and let our football program tank for the last 20 years?
Seriously? It's Spyre. It's all of us. Tons of people are donating. People that had nothing to do with buying out contracts or university dealings. This has been happening for months.

Reactions: voltn21
It’s 2 million a year. What was the Bama NIL for Young last year? A little over a million? I have a feeling Tennessee had to overpay a little given their recent history of bumbling. But if they want to run with the big boys they have to pay to get into that game at this point.

Was it worth 8% of the Sprye budget to land this kid and get recruits attention nationally? Idk but up till now we’ve been at best mediocre and at worst irrelevant in the conference championship discussion. If Georgia was in the same position would Jg be worth it?

Maybe but you can bet that either Bama , Texas or Georgia is about ti overpay for Arch big time .
Edit : their NIL organization is , I should have said .

Reactions: Volflyfisher
Seriously? It's Spyre. It's all of us. Tons of people are donating. People that had nothing to do with buying out contracts or university dealings. This has been happening for months.

I've heard of Spyre but doesn't mean I give them $. I don't really know what you mean "it's all of us". They aren't piling up nickels, someone is donating big money somewhere.

It’s 2 million a year. What was the Bama NIL for Young last year? A little over a million? I have a feeling Tennessee had to overpay a little given their recent history of bumbling. But if they want to run with the big boys they have to pay to get into that game at this point.

Was it worth 8% of the Sprye budget to land this kid and get recruits attention nationally? Idk but up till now we’ve been at best mediocre and at worst irrelevant in the conference championship discussion. If Georgia was in the same position would Jg be worth it?
Where I thought TaM was in the lead here, it appears we're out in front and get some guys locked up before everyone else knows what's going on. I promise you there's tons of AD meetings going on w/ coaches today discussing our big news. Also, asking a question here, but IF a certain player signs an NIL deal, you'd think he's pretty locked in to that school? And, if so, that helps us b/c other recruits will follow with more certainty, knowing the anchor tenant won't bail at 11th hour?

I've heard of Spyre but doesn't mean I give them $. I don't really know what you mean "it's all of us". They aren't piling up nickels, someone is donating big money somewhere.
I donate to the 1951 Club as well as thousands of other fans. There are different donation tier levels of course and there are bigtime donors. But don’t underestimate the power of Volnation coming together to help build us back again.

Everyone saying we will be back got me all tingly feeling lol. I know this time I will enjoy it more. I was born in 86 and was a Vol, Cowboy and Brave and still am with Titans slightly edging out the cowboys. I literally thought my teams walked the dog and that was how it always was and was going to forever be. If we get to that level again I promise you not one single person will savor it as much as me!! Kinda like the old man who has been to umpteen million Ky and Tn games and finally got to see a win

VN Store

Back