Vols in Super Bowl

I have little interest in watching the NFL. The salaries that they earn are not enough for some of the prima Donna's.
In 2 year's, there will be another Collective Bargaining Agreement and the players have stated that they want to be able to buy stocks in each team. This will give players, not 51% of the team but a significant part of each team.
Then they can attempt to force sais owner to sell & get an owner who will be more agreeable with the players wishes
Once the players own the teams, it will be a mad house

Maybe you should discover hockey, or soccer, or chess. LOL

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Yeah Kamara and the Saints went out in the most Tennessee way possible

Comical thing about this is, the Saints owner is complaining to the league about bad call that possibly decided the outcome of the game
Week 16, Pittsburgh was called for a defensive pass interference call. It never happened. Joe Haden didn't touch the receiver. This gives Saints a first down and eventual field goal and the win. This all but eliminates Steelers from play offs.
Why didn't Saints owner call league office to complain that a bad call was made and that it caused her team to win?
Is she concerned with officiating only when it cost her team the game? Mite both of hypocrite, huh?

Reactions: KBVol
I'm definitely not Gisele, just a long-time Pats fan who tires of mealy-mouthed detraction of the greatest dynasty in the history of professional sports.
You know how the rest of the college football world feels about the gumps? That the same way everyone feels about your Patriots.

You know how the rest of the college football world feels about the gumps? That the same way everyone feels about your Patriots.
That I understand. I just don't like it when that bleeds into disingenuous detraction. I personally hate Bama, and would shed tears of joy if Saban retired tomorrow; but I also think it's pretty cut and dry that he's the greatest coach in the history of college football, and deserves all the credit he gets. While I would delight endlessly if Botch were somehow, like an unplanned Trojan horse, able to single-handedly dismantle their program, I don't wish for Bama players to get injured, as some in this thread wished on Brady. Such a wish toward any superlative athlete is execrable, and is evidence, to my mind, of the person expressing the wish at best having disastrous judgment, and at worst just being a bad person.

This is just my opinion. No one pays me for said opinion; I am not Max Kellerman or Rob Parker, those scintillating intellects that make far more money than I'll ever sniff, for expressing opinions that no doubt are music to the ears of some in this thread.

It is great that no matter how the game plays out, a VFL will get Super Bowl Championship. I wish the both of them much success and hope they remain injury free. Go Vols!

N.E. Patriots
C. Patterson

LA Rams
J.Kelly
Happy for them both, great athletes. Loved to watch CP play at UT with his athleticism - catching, running, kick/punt returns, and Kelly was a good one too,
just wished he could have had more reps. Love to see Vols in the Pro's.
Remember who was the 1st ever pick of the Cincinnati Bengals? A Vol (center Bob Johnson)

Reactions: TnAngler
Don’t really care about the Super Bowl teams since my own favorite isn’t playing. BUT being afflicted with Vols fever and being we have some former Vols players on the teams, I’ll watch. My Kiowa woman who I contaminated with Vols fever when we moved from Arizona and had a series of Neyland visits is all gung-ho for this. Woman went out and got packages of chicken wings and drumsticks yesterday, then had the audacity to tell not ask me that come Sunday, I’ll cook the wings and drums while she handles the veggies and dip. Also hauled home Killian's Irish Red, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Aged beer, and Goat Milk Stout. Why so many different beers? Woman says variety and accommodate whoever comes by with an excuse to watch the game on our new big screen. Cheeky chick, wouldn’t you say?

Anyway, I’m going to go into one of my DIY recipes. I don’t exactly encourage others to try this as I haven’t done it myself before.

Step 1: Today unpack the chicken, put in large mixing bowl. Marinate overnight in Knob Creek rye whiskey, lemon juice, and Texas Pete Hot sauce.
Step 2: Have the following ingredients well mixed and ready:

WoodsmanVol Insane Sauce Ingredients:
3 teaspoons sesame oil
6 large crushed garlic cloves or minced garlic
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 cup bourbon or rye whiskey (had rye already so I'm using that)
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 lime or lemon
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Step 3: Sunday near game time use an InstaPot to cook the raw wings on high heat for 5 minutes. At the same time, using an air fryer, mix flour, salt and pepper for the drumsticks. Make sure they’re well coated. Place the chicken wings in the basket of your air fryer and cook for 8 minutes. Shake the basket and cook for another 5 minutes at 200°C to achieve the crispiness. Mix the WoodsmanVol sauce paint the drums with a cooking brush. Cook for 5 more minutes at 180°C. Give the drums a good shake and coat them with the sauce again. Now cook them for 3 minutes. They’re ready.

Step 4: Drop the wings in that bowl of sauce mentioned above and soak them. Place wings on a steel grill seated on a grease pan. If you don’t have that just spray oil a baking pan and place wings in. Pour a bit more sauce on the wings. Set your broiler to high and broil the wings until browned and the sauce is bubbling, 5 to 15 minutes depending on the broiler. Keep a close eye on the wings; they go from brown to burned quickly under the broiler.
{I happen to like my wings and drums crispy without being overly gooey with late sauce pours}

Step 5: Enjoy the food and watch the Vols infected game and cheer Vols players in what for me at least is an otherwise meaningless game. Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: VolFaninFla
Comical thing about this is, the Saints owner is complaining to the league about bad call that possibly decided the outcome of the game
Week 16, Pittsburgh was called for a defensive pass interference call. It never happened. Joe Haden didn't touch the receiver. This gives Saints a first down and eventual field goal and the win. This all but eliminates Steelers from play offs.
Why didn't Saints owner call league office to complain that a bad call was made and that it caused her team to win?
Is she concerned with officiating only when it cost her team the game? Mite both of hypocrite, huh?
All that whining and moaning by Saints officials, coaches, players and the ridiculous media complaining on their behalf is just stupid. Bad calls happen every game....go make your tee times and just shut the hell up already.

2019 thread of the year. My .02, I am definitely in the minority here, but I couldnt care less about the missed penalty. Brees for all his accuracy accolades threw two unimaginably bad passes that should have ended the game. The pass was so bad that I can honestly say, as someone who has officiated games and understands the history and talents of Brees, that I understand hiw the official thought that ball was tipped. Colts fan since the Harbaugh days, I like Sean Payton and root for him because his parents moved to my hometown and I used to work for them a few times a year, but they played so badly in the 4th, they didnt deserve to win. The Rams didnt either.

I have little interest in watching the NFL. The salaries that they earn are not enough for some of the prima Donna's.
In 2 year's, there will be another Collective Bargaining Agreement and the players have stated that they want to be able to buy stocks in each team. This will give players, not 51% of the team but a significant part of each team.
Then they can attempt to force sais owner to sell & get an owner who will be more agreeable with the players wishes
Once the players own the teams, it will be a mad house

My post here may seem odd (as a lot of them are) and even contradictory. First off, I'm in your basket. I now rarely even watch my favorite two teams GBP and WR. My reasons may not parallel yours exactly but are not too far off. I don't begrudge the players seeking more money. It's what owners do (and colleges) who exploit their celebrity for marketing and more wealth-hoarding. To owners, as we have seen lately, players are little more than trained monkeys, SOBs, inmates, and hired help and worst derogatory labels. So I figure that turnabout is fair play. It's not enough to get me to watch as I once did. Player conduct on and off the field, joke officiating, and greedy streaming fees and more have set me off. I have little respect for many players, officials, and most owners so why should they have my money? But this player more money thing, turnabout is fair play. Do you exploit? Then expect to be exploited.

There's an old cowboy saying. "If'n you teach sumting to be mean, don be sirprized if'n it lurns is lessun very well." Same can be said about greed, I suppose.

Last edited:
I remember one year, Dale Carter was NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year & Carl Pickens was NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year in same season
That was great for UT

I'm definitely not Gisele, just a long-time Pats fan who tires of mealy-mouthed detraction of the greatest dynasty in the history of professional sports.

That was a real gem of a Super Bowl - probably the worst of all time. I think just about everyone is pretty tired of seeing the Patriots and their boring, dink and dunk offense.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back