Vols in Pro Bowl

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
4 ex-Vols made the NFL Pro Bowl. Jamal Lewis, Peyton Manning, Leonard Little, and Shaun Ellis. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Does anyone have statistics on any other college programs? Was this the most by any one school?

I have no clue ncvol.

Looking at other UT players in the NFL, I was kind of suprised that Al Wilson didn't make it.

Great question! (This must be an early Christmas present.) Let's see..... 4 former Vols in the probowl that all played together on the same team (not including Al Wilson, Raynoch Thompson, Travis Henry, Darwin Walker, Deon Grant, Peerless Price, and Shawn Bryson - who will all make the probowl before their careers are over.) I don't know how we could of lost a game. It certainly wasn't from a lack of talent.

I think you probably know where I'm going with this one.

I guess you forgot that darn National Championship that most of those guys were involved in.

I didn't forget the national championship or the SEC championships. In fact, I'm very proud of them. However, I am not satisfied to simply talk about and remember those for the next 50 years without winning others.

Only trying to help you answer your question here. With all of that talent, how could we of lost to anyone.

By the way, I neglected to mention Chad Clifton and Trey Teague on my list of future pro bowlers above.

I agree, you can't rest on your record. Just look where that's gotten Notre Dame. As far as the coaching goes, we could argue until we're both blue in the face. :shakehead:

No doubt we were loaded back then. It may be a while before we see that kind of talent again. Let's hope it's not another 50 years :yikes:

Who knows, we might be looking back on some of these teams from the last couple of years saying the same thing......"how could we have lost with those guys".

VN Store

Back