Vols have lost East TN

In the shadow of Neyland Stadium, how embarrassing for East TN to repeatedly lose high level talent to other schools. Even legacies from East TN will not sign with TN. With close proximity to Bama, Ole Miss, Vandy and Ark Middle and West TN still delivers top 15 in State talent to UT. I hope our coaches build relationships with these nearby high school coaches and the fans put some gentle pressure on the high school coaches to support our University.

Nick Saban is the gold standard in the history of college football recruiting. His first class at Alabama was ranked as follows:
247Sports 13th
Rivals 11th
Scout 22

0ap3000000401519_video_cp.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
in the shadow of neyland stadium, how embarrassing for east tn to repeatedly lose high level talent to other schools. Even legacies from east tn will not sign with tn. With close proximity to bama, ole miss, vandy and ark middle and west tn still delivers top 15 in state talent to ut. I hope our coaches build relationships with these nearby high school coaches and the fans put some gentle pressure on the high school coaches to support our university.

smh.....

In the shadow of Neyland Stadium, how embarrassing for East TN to repeatedly lose high level talent to other schools. Even legacies from East TN will not sign with TN. With close proximity to Bama, Ole Miss, Vandy and Ark Middle and West TN still delivers top 15 in State talent to UT. I hope our coaches build relationships with these nearby high school coaches and the fans put some gentle pressure on the high school coaches to support our University.

Go sort your socks.

Reactions: 2 people
Get a grip. After looking at the kids we signed today, I'm pretty damned happy. Don't give a rats arse where Cade went. We got a darned good group today. Long way to go until Feb. and Pruitt is getting it done so far. Get positive or get out.

Reactions: 5 people
The OP is right...UT HAS lost East Tn as of the moment...and the numbers show this has been going on for a while now. The post may be construed as negative...but we can't hide our heads in the sand and ignore reality.

On the positive side...hopefully Pruitt and Co. fix this.

Reactions: 3 people
Get a grip. After looking at the kids we signed today, I'm pretty damned happy. Don't give a rats arse where Cade went. We got a darned good group today. Long way to go until Feb. and Pruitt is getting it done so far. Get positive or get out.

I think Pruitt has done good work so far in this class. It’s a East TN problem not a Pruitt problem. Maybe the kids in kids in East TN hold TN in lower regard than other areas of the state or country.

Had some good west TN early success. Over long haul, I'd take domination in West over East. East WILL come back once we build some consistency. If Butch had managed to not lose to SC and Vandy last year, and not have dumpster fire this year, all these guys would be with us moving forward...but so would Jones. Pruitt will lock it down.

If you look back we’ve only got 1 top 15 recruit from East TN since 2012. I got tired of researching any further. Cade is just the last example.

I know kids go to other schools but only 1 top 15 kid in the state in the last 6 years. It’s horrible!

Check my stats

2018 Top Tennessee Football Recruits

I will tell you something, If Cade was a Vol he would be here today. I don't always agree with everything that happens in Knoxvegas, but I am Orange and White. If he went to UGA for anything other reason, he never was a VFL in the first place. This smells like mom and dad and that poor boy is going to regret giving up a dream to play in the orange and white, its not about the coach, its about the school.

Reactions: 4 people
I will tell you something, If Cade was a Vol he would be here today. I don't always agree with everything that happens in Knoxvegas, but I am Orange and White. If he went to UGA for anything other reason, he never was a VFL in the first place.

Exactly. He wants no part of a rebuild. Front runner. No problem with that. His decision.

If you ain't with us, then your against us. :good!::hi:

Where were you when Harrison Smith told Fulmer to get out of his way so he could go to Notre Dame?

If you look back we’ve only got 1 top 15 recruit from East TN since 2012. I got tired of researching any further. Cade is just the last example.

I know kids go to other schools but only 1 top 15 kid in the state in the last 6 years. It’s horrible!

Check my stats

2018 Top Tennessee Football Recruits

Yes, you're right. It's horrible.

Of course, that fault lies with Derek Dooley and Butch Jones. Kinda hard to blame all that on a guy who's only been here for 13 days, right? Or is Global Warming Coach Pruitt's fault as well? Toyota gas pedals? North Korea?

Yes. losing local talent to other schools sucks. But let's give the new staff a year to see what they can do. Based on what they've done in less than half of 1% of the time their predecessors had, I'd say we're off to a pretty good start.

No need to check your stats. Your post said it all.

Go Vols.

The OP is right...UT HAS lost East Tn as of the moment...and the numbers show this has been going on for a while now. The post may be construed as negative...but we can't hide our heads in the sand and ignore reality.

On the positive side...hopefully Pruitt and Co. fix this.

Considering how few prospects come from east TN this really isn't a big deal even if it is true. How many players are we talking about here? 3 (Mays, Rodgers, Higgins)? Maryville HS is probably the best program in east TN and they don't produce many SEC caliber prospects at all.

I see the RF firing squad is at full strength today. The guy didn't say anything that bad. It is more than troublesome to keep losing highly ranked local 4*s and 5*s to OSU, Clemson and UGA. Put on those guys on the Vols and we would be winning quickly.

On the other hand if he is implying it is the current staffs failure, then have at him. I didn't take it that way.

They'll be other 5⭐ recruits in East Tennessee for CJP to get in the coming years. Garbage season, garbage ex-coach, what do you expect?

Last edited:
I see the RF firing squad is at full strength today. The guy didn't say anything that bad. It is more than troublesome to keep losing highly ranked local 4*s and 5*s to OSU, Clemson and UGA. Put on those guys on the Vols and we would be winning quickly.

On the other hand if he is implying it is the current staffs failure, then have at him. I didn't take it that way.

Sure it is but we still aren't talking about very many players though. Mays stings, so did Tee Higgins. They were both initially committed to Tennessee for a reason. All things being equal, they wanted to come here but had no faith that we were headed in the right direction. We just need to consistently win. That will solve everything. This is nothing to worry about. Just win dammit.

Cade who?

Roadrunner!!!

VN Store

Back