Vols Football Spring Practice No. 2 Updates 3.9

Everyone on this board knows you are a JG homer!!! I am not one to bash a kid for giving his all for UT. But, I think JG gets more credit and the rest of the team gets more criticism for JG's lack of success than the rest of the team deserves. JG hasn't had a great supporting cast behind him. But, very gifted QBs that have it between the ears and all the tools to be great P5 QBs are also GAMERS/KNOW HOW TO ADAPT ON THE FLY TO HELP PUT THEIR TEAM IN POSITION TO WIN. When have you seen this out of JG? What is his record as a starter for UT? That is the only thing that really matters to fans!!! JUST WIN!!!!

Ahh yeah, just win...like 15-2 Chryst. Boy he was a winner, but not here. Wonder why?? There is no such thing, that's why.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Based on what?
What was his competition % last year?
The practice reports. The same thing we have been judging backup qbs by on here since the site started.

Also 51% and 26 ints in his Sr year of high school.
He had a bad practice QBR apparently.
Sounds like more that he just had some bad practices with a lot of inaccuracy. Matches what the radio guys say. He is a Helton guy that Pruitt was not impressed with.

"Redshirt freshman JT Shrout, in limited viewing, appears to have upped his consistency in terms of his accuracy."

You don't write that about a qb that has already shown to be accurate consistently.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Last year 1 second was too long in many cases. It absolutely blows my mind how some of you guys repeatedly disregard the significance of blocking in football.
Agreed. It’s hard to judge any QB that has played behind a Tn O-line. since Pittman left. JG may or may not have the mental game to play at a high level but the kid sure has my respect.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The practice reports. The same thing we have been judging backup qbs by on here since the site started.

Also 51% and 26 ints in his Sr year of high school.
Sounds like more that he just had some bad practices with a lot of inaccuracy. Matches what the radio guys say. He is a Helton guy that Pruitt was not impressed with.

"Redshirt freshman JT Shrout, in limited viewing, appears to have upped his consistency in terms of his accuracy."

You don't write that about a qb that has already shown to be accurate consistently.
Then there’s no threat to your boy. You should be at peace. Why does it constantly seem like you’re not?

Reactions: peaygolf
This times a thousand. I don't think the team has really ever been behind him since that day. He showed the world he was an 'IT'S ALL ABOUT ME GUY, FORGET THE TEAM' QB that day!!! Hell, even Peyton sit behind a couple of QBs when he arrived. If JG lights it up this year, great for him and great for us VOL FANS. I will admit I was wrong. But, I will not be a fan of his until he proves himself to be more than just a SERVICEABLE QB that CAN TAKE HITS and GET BACK UP!!!

Gator agreed with you. Imagine that, a gator over here hating on a Tennessee player.

To be honest, I forgot about the "JG pouting crisis".

Last edited:
Reactions: butchna
Answered a question buddy. You always are so concerned about why I do something. Glad to see you care so much.

Not my boy. Just the starter and best option.

I won't start anything in your new "I love JG" thread, but you were Sly again. :)

Answered a question buddy. You always are so concerned about why I do something. Glad to see you care so much.

Not my boy. Just the starter and best option.
You don’t answer questions. You post agendas. I DGAF about you...I respond to your nonobjective nonsense. Helton recruited both Shrout and Maurer so they should both go ahead and transfer...gotcha.

Hey if posting positive things about two qbs is sly, so be it .😉

I don't really care, we're all used to it, but the post below is just comical. Lol, you started a thread about him.....

The only ones with an obsession are the ones bashing him.

I challenge anyone to find a thread were I brought JG up first. All my post have been in response to people bashing our qb. That is all.

Last year Chryst didn’t have near the athletic ability of JG. So he couldn’t start. But IMO despite Chryst’s wooden play he was a better game manager than JG. He just didn’t have the rest of the tools needed to take the job.

To fulfill our team’s potential we need a QB who could start for Bama, GA, or FL. Right now we don’t have that guy on our roster, and we won’t till next year. JG needs to way up his game this year and find another gear OR Chaney needs to work his magic to disguise JG’s game management weaknesses (Crompton).

If Chaney can develop the right work arounds my personal opinion is that JG could have a pretty decent two years behind center. And even a few standout games.

The truth is JG’s supporting cast is going to be MUCH better this season IMO so the Vols will only go as far as our QB can take us. If JG sux this year we’re sunk. If he shines we’ll surprise on the upside. I’m betting more on the latter but can only wait and see like everybody else.

Btw all this JG bad attitude crap is just yesterday’s hot garbage. There’s a whole new regime in charge on the Hill it’s night and day so let it go. Fans need to look forwards not backwards bc our team sure is. Time for the rest of us to catch up.

I don’t know what the intended point of the “timeout on JG” crowd is but if it’s “chillax and give the kid time to develop under Chaney” then I’m down.

Last year Chryst didn’t have near the athletic ability of JG. So he couldn’t start. But IMO despite Chryst’s wooden play he was a better game manager than JG. He just didn’t have the rest of the tools needed to take the job.

To fulfill our team’s potential we need a QB who could start for Bama, GA, or FL. Right now we don’t have that guy on our roster, and we won’t till next year. JG needs to way up his game this year and find another gear OR Chaney needs to work his magic to disguise JG’s game management weaknesses (Crompton).

If Chaney can develop the right work arounds my personal opinion is that JG could have a pretty decent two years behind center. And even a few standout games.

The truth is JG’s supporting cast is going to be MUCH better this season IMO so the Vols will only go as far as our QB can take us. If JG sux this year we’re sunk. If he shines we’ll surprise on the upside. I’m betting more on the latter but can only wait and see like everybody else.

Btw all this JG bad attitude crap is just yesterday’s hot garbage. There’s a whole new regime in charge on the Hill it’s night and day so let it go. Fans need to look forwards not backwards bc our team sure is. Time for the rest of us to catch up.

I don’t know what the intended point of the “timeout on JG” crowd is but if it’s “chillax and give the kid time to develop under Chaney” then I’m down.

Agree except the bold. Not sure Franks is anything special.......JG is just as good, just doesn’t have the supporting cast. JMO

Agree except the bold. Not sure Franks is anything special.......JG is just as good, just doesn’t have the supporting cast. JMO
Maybe, maybe not. Can’t be proven either way. All that matters is his production and performance THIS SEASON for us

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I don't really care, we're all used to it, but the post below is just comical. Lol, you started a thread about him.....
Maybe I should clarify. I have never brought him up first in a thread that was about another player or had nothing to do with JG.

It can be a thread about a punter and some will make it about JG.

Complete BS, like everything else you spew. I’ll tell a chance he takes every once in awhile....that’s throwing the ball to your nephew who’s very likely to drop the ball like he did over and over and over again last year.
😂😂 Why everybody keep saying Brandon had all these drops when he was barely on feild last season..Nobody complains when palmer, callaway and Jennings dropped balls..They was the only wrs that played and maybe murphy but Brandon barely played..

What defense JG was reading last year? Come on man JG was holding the ball to long..He took sacks where he see the blitz coming hell the whole vol nation saw it and and he never change the play at line of scrimmage....Thats not on the oline..JG dont take no risk as a qb..No tight window throws at all..All I see is a 50/50 ball..Maybe a check down throw..I can count on my hands how many times JG hit somebody up the seam or a post route..People praise his completion rates and how he dont throw picks..Well he shouldnt throw picks if he dont take no chances as a qb..
And you sir are correct, oline wasn't very good but it wasn't all on them

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
😂😂 Why everybody keep saying Brandon had all these drops when he was barely on feild last season..Nobody complains when palmer, callaway and Jennings dropped balls..They was the only wrs that played and maybe murphy but Brandon barely played..
We complain when ANYBODY drops a pass. Sell that shizz somewhere else.

VN Store

Back