Vols Football Spring Practice No. 1 Updates 3.7

Just what we need at this time of year...
yn44h6eqxxl01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maurer has a live arm.
Taylor changed his number to 2 I like it.
Sorry if I missed this. But is Bryce Thompson still #20? Didn't see that number on defense in any of the videos and didn't see him listed on the injury report.

*Edit: Saw that Brown reported that Thompson and Taylor were leading DB Drills. Plus JS mentioned him and he was in the video with him and Jackson having some fun. cHiZzLeVol confirmed Thompson is still #20.

Last edited:
Of course it does. But given what we know about Kirkland - that he graduated in 3 years and has been hurt a lot - you can probably take "he's rehabbing a knee" at face value.

I'm not saying I disagree that it's probably an injury issue but more disagreeing with the fact that because he's in grad school he still has academic priorities.

Yes, favorite thread back in the FF.
Good to hear on Morris,Lowe,Gibbs looking the part. Good to hear JJ Peterson, Shannon Reid buying in. Alonte Taylor looks like he is going to be physical with wr's this year. I can see the S & C has given Results. We starting to look strong.
Indeed. Fitz has been worth every penny.Craig-Fitzgerald-UT-1024x682.jpg

Sad that someone always wants to shame another person.
Chaney is huge though. That's a fact and I'm not a skinny dude either. Tyrion Lannister's advice on GOT is a lot more helpful attitude to have than this whiny "shaming" victim mentality. Instead of being a victim "never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not, wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

He does for sure. Shrout is a good QB, too...we didnt hear much about him last year because he was a frosh and needed to gain some weight, but the kid has a good arm and is a solid QB. Also, the kid committed for next season is the real deal as well. We will be as deep at QB next year as we have been in a very long time, and competition for the starting job will be fierce. Fierce.

Theres no doubt in my mind that JG will start the 1st game barring injury, but if he gets hurt this year, there is solid talent behind him. Unlike when we had Dobbs, Worley, etc... all 3 QBs this year have an SEC caliber arm. Competition for 2nd team will be fierce. As much as JG gets hit, we will likely see the other 2 play this season.
Yup. Thats how I see it as well. It's nice to be able to not have a drop off after 1st string QB and I think Tennessee is building back towards that. They'll be close to having equal depth this year and Bailey assures that there won't be a dropoff next year. I also think Bailey will be the best QB on the roster once he gets on campus.

Chaney is huge though. That's a fact and I'm not a skinny dude either. Tyrion Lannister's advice on GOT is a lot more helpful attitude to have than this whiny "shaming" victim mentality. Instead of being a victim "never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not, wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."
I'd bet that Smollett dude would agree with that.

I read that to and went back and looked. Looks like Trey ISView attachment 196958 wearing cleats. Notice the lineman in the background has the same cleats on.

Looks like he still intends to play this year. If he wasn’t going to try and play this year I think he would of already either medically retired or it would have already been stated he would not play.

Looks like he still intends to play this year. If he wasn’t going to try and play this year I think he would of already either medically retired or it would have already been stated he would not play.

I'm curious how he would have looked if he wasn't planning on trying to play this year? I don't know, but I'd bet no one is worring about telling us anything about his health or his future plans.

I'm curious how he would have looked if he wasn't planning on trying to play this year? I don't know, but I'd bet no one is worring about telling us anything about his health or his future plans.

Well he was dressed out and the others who medically retired were in sweats helping coach. He was taking in all the coaching without actually going through the drills. (Since you want to be a smart butt) If he had no intentions of playing this year I would assume he would assume more of a coaching role rather than listening and absorbing the coaching.

VN Store

Back