Vols Football Spring Practice No. 1 Updates 3.7

Can't tell much from Day 1 of practice, but definitely happy to see S&C paying off. Conditioning looks much better and also our O-line guys are much closer to ideal weight.

I do have a feeling our LB corp can be nasty this year. Still worried about D-line, though, particularly if Solomon ends up not being eligible. Curious to see how Bumphus does at DL; he was originally recruited to play there and Butch moved him over to TE; and we know how Butch's position switches tended to go.

Pruitt said Kirkland is out for the spring to “get some work done”...wonder what that’s all about

Can't tell much from Day 1 of practice, but definitely happy to see S&C paying off. Conditioning looks much better and also our O-line guys are much closer to ideal weight.

I do have a feeling our LB corp can be nasty this year. Still worried about D-line, though, particularly if Solomon ends up not being eligible. Curious to see how Bumphus does at DL; he was originally recruited to play there and Butch moved him over to TE; and we know how Butch's position switches tended to go.

I hoping to see big improvements from the T spots and LB spots. It’s not asking much obviously but you gotta start somewhere

Thanks a ton Fingers!! Your updates are certainly a bright spot on this board!! Please keep 'em coming.

I also picked up on all the comments that related to S&C. There has been much speculation on this topic in the off-season here. It sure sounds positive today.....GBO

VN Store

Back