Vols Finally Have a QB

DNBamavol,spoonfed as the single bullet theory killing Kennedy or our need for more players as Pruitt's freshmen are?Simply stated that we have found our qb .You possibly have breathed too much "Vulcan"iron fist their in Bamaham where you live.

Wow! Count me in! Polished route runner? Idk much about recruits outside of qbs.

He's 80 the ranked WR. 7th ranked player in South Carolina. I don't believe there are 79 better High School WRs than him.

Comes from a great program.

Yes he runs great routes. Long arms. Can jump. Not big or strong but is always open

He's very similar to Kelly Campbell out of GA Tech back in 1999

Reactions: 1vol8
So you’re going on record with the opinion that HB would have done better than dropping 250+ yards on arguably the best defense in college football in his first career start with only 2 weeks preparation?
Five games into his first season? Hmmm..... Yes.

Five games into his first season? Hmmm..... Yes.
Hummmm.... no. 2 weeks of preparation for his first start against possibly the best team in the nation.

Don’t try and twist the facts in your favor because the fact is HB didn’t do that against the #71 team that came to visit this past Friday night. (Actually I don’t know that for a fact but I know Marietta got all they could handle) and Edgewater is a far cry from UGA.

Reactions: kbear01
Hummmm.... no. 2 weeks of preparation for his first start against possibly the best team in the nation.

Don’t try and twist the facts in your favor because the fact is HB didn’t do that against the #71 team that came to visit this past Friday night. (Actually I don’t know that for a fact but I know Marietta got all they could handle) and Edgewater is a far cry from UGA.
Marietta won 39-24. HB threw for only 285, and 3 tds. He had several completions dropped. HB had 211 yds at the half. Marietta ran the ball alot, in the second half, and their defense held on to win.
And I meant if he were five games into his first season, under Jim Chaney, at UT. HB opens up the entire pro-style playbook, that CJP desires to run. He can make every throw, every read. He has the mental capacity, the arm, and the pocket presence, much like the UGA QB, that we watched systematically, and methodically destroy us.

Marietta won 39-24. HB threw for only 285, and 3 tds. He had several completions dropped. HB had 211 yds at the half. Marietta ran the ball alot, in the second half, and their defense held on to win.
I get it. Not arguing they didn’t win or deserve to. Just saying they are ranked 23 and Edgewater is 71 and that’s HS. According to the elite 11 he threw for 280 and 3 tds. Nearly the same performance as BM against UGA.

I get it. Not arguing they didn’t win or deserve to. Just saying they are ranked 23 and Edgewater is 71 and that’s HS. According to the elite 11 he threw for 280 and 3 tds. Nearly the same performance as BM against UGA.
BM will get better, and Chaney has got to help him, with some easy throws, reads, and dump downs. Not to the degree that JG was dumping, hopefully. But, a Frosh needs a safety valve. I don't recall any screens, or easy dump downs, after the first read(JJ) was taken away. And run some dang sprint draws!!

Reactions: 1vol8
BM will get better, and Chaney has got to help him, with some easy throws, reads, and dump downs. Not to the degree that JG was dumping, hopefully. But, a Frosh needs a safety valve. I don't recall any screens, or easy dump downs, after the first read(JJ) was taken away. And run some dang sprint draws!!
I couldn’t agree more. I’ve heard a lot of talk that he faded in the second half but what I saw was an abandoned running game and a lack of adjustment. I’d like to see a more balanced attack and creative screens. In fact it wouldn’t be a bad idea to give him a screen out of each formation to audible to in case he reads blitz.

Reactions: kbear01
I couldn’t agree more. I’ve heard a lot of talk that he faded in the second half but what I saw was an abandoned running game and a lack of adjustment. I’d like to see a more balanced attack and creative screens. In fact it wouldn’t be a bad idea to give him a screen out of each formation to audible to in case he reads blitz.
Absolutely. And WTF with the sideline to sideline run game? They lost their run stopper early in the game. Get physical!! But be balanced. I know Chaney has all of these cards in his deck. Hell, we've seen them, here and used against us. We gave up on the ground game, and put it all in BM's hands. Bad idea. This team needs an identity. It has none. Be a Jim Chaney offense. Run hard, and physical, and then Play action, and use stretch plays and Jet sweeps to get to the edge. Jail-break screens, middle screens, reverses. Then, late in games, get big and nasty. Nail the coffin shut!! Like Georgia.

Absolutely. And WTF with the sideline to sideline run game? They lost their run stopper early in the game. Get physical!! But be balanced. I know Chaney has all of these cards in his deck. Hell, we've seen them, here and used against us. We gave up on the ground game, and put it all in BM's hands. Bad idea. This team needs an identity. It has none. Be a Jim Chaney offense. Run hard, and physical, and then Play action, and use stretch plays and Jet sweeps to get to the edge. Jail-break screens, middle screens, reverses. Then, late in games, get big and nasty. Nail the coffin shut!! Like Georgia.
I like your style! I agree with every word. It wouldn’t surprise me if Chaney wanted Maurer all along and got over ruled. That being said he could be putting it on BM to show he can handle it or it’s also possible that he seen Maurer had the hot hand. Idk

VN Store

Back