Vols fans who are also Titans fans

I could not care less about Kentucky. As a Titans fan living in Nashville, I actually think he is a steal at this point in the Draft and will prove the haters wrong. I’m fully in his corner now.

Well most of you Kentucky fans are delusional, so.

Nashville huh?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
The Titans' second round pick of Will Levis makes me think of the scenario where there's a dummy-trap in the room. Everyone sees it, no one is saying anything, but everyone knows it's there. Just all kind of waiting to see if anyone will take the bait.

The Titans blundered up and took the bait.

That's how this feels, to me.

Go Vols!

Titans selected 3rd round talent in the 2nd round.
And traded up to get him!! I can't believe they traded away picks to move up and get a Ryan Leaf type player, but what would you expect from a Titans offense that resembles something from the 70's.??
So now the AFC South will have Trevor, CJ, Anthony, & Will as the future QB's of this league. TL will be great and I think CJ will get there. Big question on Anthony & Will, as measurable are there but can it be developed?

And traded up to get him!! I can't believe they traded away picks to move up and get a Ryan Leaf type player, but what would you expect from a Titans offense that resembles something from the 70's.??
So now the AFC South will have Trevor, CJ, Anthony, & Will as the future QB's of this league. TL will be great and I think CJ will get there. Big question on Anthony & Will, as measurable are there but can it be developed?

Read that they tried to trade up to selected CJ Stroud but couldn't make it happen, so WL wasn't their 1st choice. Texans certainly got the better QB. It's a toss up on between Colts & Titans on which AFC S team has the worst QB room.

Reactions: ALStateLineVol
If He didn't coach in the AFC South He would have been fired years ago, he's this generation of Titans Fans Jeff Fisher.

Huh? He’s been there 5 years and made the playoffs 3 times, including making the AFC Championship. Won coach of the year for holding onto a n°1 seed during a season that had more players on the IR list than any team in history, including losing their star player for 6 weeks.

Unless you are referring to first 9-7 missing the playoffs or last season, I’m not sure at what point he should have been fired.

Now… having said all that, I hate this pick. It’s a total waste.

This is the 5th OL Titans have taken in first round since 2010. Warmack(2013), Lewan(2014), Conklin(2016), and Wilson(2020). Out of those taken, only Taylor Lewan was worth the pick. In general, only a couple of their 1st round picks have ever "lived up" to their expectations. Locker, Mariota, Wright, Jackson, Davis, are just a few of the sub-par/bust this team has taken to go along with the OL listed. It appears this team does a poor job of evaluating 1st round talent no matter who is running the team. Out of 13 years, Derrick Morgan, Taylor Lewan, & Jeffery Simmons have been the only picks worth their value and 2 of those on defense.
JMO

Read that they tried to trade up to selected CJ Stroud but couldn't make it happen, so WL wasn't their 1st choice. Texans certainly got the better QB. It's a toss up on between Colts & Titans on which AFC S team has the worst QB room.
I heard the same thing but WL didn't move the needle for most fans. Hope I'm wrong and he can be a good QB. With the last three drafted (Locker, Mariota, Willis) the bench mark isn't too high.

Reactions: WillisWG
TITAN QB ROOM:

RTannehill, MWillis & WLevis

good grief

We moved to Cincinnati 30 years ago and have remained a Titans fans and continue to wish the best for them and root for them.

However, the force is strong in Cinti and I'm seeing more Bengals gear in my future.

oh, well

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Have you watched Josh Allen in Buffalo lately? And did you watch him at Wyoming? Stats are identical.

please stop.

feel free to bring your KY friends (Nashville, LOL) and spend your $$ at the stadium.

be a fan

but please don't tell people this is all ok.

we're wishing for the best here but the proof is gonna be in the pudding.

Would I have loved to see HH in Nashville, of course. I will always root for him after bringing my boys back from the dead.

Here is my take on reasons why he is not at the Titans:
Titans have a new GM in Carthon. Previous GM Robinson made many a play of signing previously injured players and it didn’t work many times. HH is in this category and that all but eliminated him. They have Tannehill and at least one year to coach up a draft rookie on his contract. Personally don’t think that is enough with Levis and his accuracy and decision issues but I’m not a scout. Titans run the ball on first and second and throw it on third down leaning on Henry, and it can be some tedious football to watch. Levis was brought up in that “pro style” system at Kentucky. A better fit from system to system but in no means does that mean better player. The NFL really is totally different than NCAA football.

Im not so sure I would wish anyone to go to Detroit but this is probably a blessing for HH than being drafted by the Titans.

I love Henden, but if you can’t see that Levis has a bigger upside than Hooker then your fan card should be revoked.

Levis is more physically durable but has not EVER shown he has the vision and decision making ability required for the NFL. Don't think HH was a good fit for tough man Vrabel mindset so not upset they did not select him. I am not a fan of ANY NFL team, fandom requires a level of care and concern I don't have available after being a VOL fan. I have forever targeted watching NFL games based on entertaining levels OR continuing to watch VFL's.

Right now my priorities are KC, Cincy, and Buffalo due to their offenses. Back in the day I followed Unitas, Landry led Dallas teams, way back Detroit when Lucci and Naumoff were their bellcows on D. Never hated the Titans when many on the boards did thinking that they would suck some fans from UT. NOPE.... if that is an option they were not good candidates to be FANS..... May have cost us a few bucks as sports consumers, and that is OK. Did not miss sitting next to them on Saturdays.

Too many people think you establish fandom with your wallet. NOPE. Some think you can earn fan status by filling up social media. NOPE. Some think every individual can self declare fan status. NOPE. Some think you can be a fan of more than one team. I do not, but guess it is possible to have two in different levels of sport.

Yes, totally ignorant.

I thought that new Titans GM, Ran Carthon, was supposed to be great at player evaluations and knows how to pick great talent with massive upside...WRONG!!!

My ignorant Titans wasted even more draft picks by moving UP to draft....Will Levis...YUKKKK!!!

With Hendon Hooker sitting right there ready to be picked my ignorant Titans pass on him to draft the useless QB from kenSucky.

I just can NOT believe it.

I'm just totally stunned and so pissed off I can't even describe it!!!

Then with the next pick they draft a RB that we don't even need instead of filling our real needs that must be filled.

At this point I really wish there was another NFL Team that I could get really passionate about but there just isn't unfortunately.

Now I don't even care who our last 3 draft picks will be.

It's a good thing that I don't own the Titans because the new GM would be job hunting today!

Rant over but I still don't feel any better.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I always get a great deal for a couple of Titans games each season.
I won't bother this year.
I don't enjoy the NFL much anyway.

I am making my triumphant return to Neyland for the first time since 2012 for the UGA and USCe games. The VOLS will simply get 100% of my passion for football, instead of the 99% in recent years.

VN Store

Back