Vols due some luck int he Dome

Yep, it's time for something good to happen to us in that dome again! If the RedSox can come from behind and win the Series without screwing it up.....anything is possible.

True. That place has been a house of horros for UT, though. Even when they have won there, it's has been very ugly. How many times do you see a championship game won by a team who turns it over 6 times (1997) or by a team who gives up an interception return for a td AND a punt return for a score (1998)?

We were very lucky to escape that Miss State game with a win. The last time that we played Auburn there was a heck of a game too! I am afraid that if we have 2 or 3 more losses in that dome, we are going to have to start our own reverse the curse tee shirts!

Originally posted by orangetd88@Dec 1, 2004 6:26 PM
True. That place has been a house of horros for UT, though. Even when they have won there, it's has been very ugly. How many times do you see a championship game won by a team who turns it over 6 times (1997) or by a team who gives up an interception return for a td AND a punt return for a score (1998)?

Do you expect anything other than an ugly win over Auburn? It's going to be very close.

on offense: patience and discipline...take what they give...dont force it...use colquitt....then when you see...a weakening...go for the throat

on defense: complete sell out...agression is the word...shoot the gaps...cause disruption....qb hurries....we must have at least 3 turnovers to win...and most of all no absolutely no yards after 1st contact...fundamental tackling.

We're also due a little luck against Aubbie. We've played like crap the past 2 years against them.

I'll never forget when we played Auburn in the 1997 SECCG game. After all the turnovers, we finally scored a TD to stop the bleeding . . . and they blocked the PAT and ran it back for 2 points. I was convinced that I was in hell.

I don't think we need a perfect game to beat Auburn. We're good enough to play with anybody, but we definitely need to keep the offense on the field more than we did in the first game. I actually feel more confident in our chances with Clausen at QB than I did with the freshmen. He may not be spectacular, but he seems to be very good at playing within himself and the gameplan.

If the RedSox can come from behind and win the Series without screwing it up.....anything is possible.

I was thinking CUBS. You are a little more optimistic than I.

Attachments

• 52408_s.jpg
    52408_s.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back