Vols Drop Series Finale to #11 Gamecocks

VN News

Ethan Bennett blasted a tape-measure shot but it wasn't nearly enough as No. 11 South Carolina finished off the weekend sweep with a 19-2 victory on Sunday.

More...

Discuss.

Man, my Volunteer baseball team must suck this year because every time I briefly check about a win, it is a loss instead.

Ouch. These guys don't seem to be going anywhere. Seem worse than last year...

I know this is a young team, but geez.. these guys just dont seem to be getting any better..

Thanks Mr. Raleigh.

This and that we have no pitching outside of Godley. Our Freshman are not world beaters either on the mound. Just gotta wait. Got I remember Vandy and USC on back to back weekends are brutal. Granted this is pathetic

All this talk about our pitching depth has lead me to check a few stats on those that were ask to leave.

Zajac is having a great year with an era just over 2.

Harris has an era under 2.

Both are weekend starters in the Tn juco ranks.

And to add more injury to insult signee Peterson from Walters has a era of 5 and was removed from the rotation last weekend apparently.

I am a believer that our offensive side to the program is developing nicely. Pitching not so much

All this talk about our pitching depth has lead me to check a few stats on those that were ask to leave.

Zajac is having a great year with an era just over 2.

Harris has an era under 2.

Both are weekend starters in the Tn juco ranks.

And to add more injury to insult signee Peterson from Walters has a era of 5 and was removed from the rotation last weekend apparently.

I am a believer that our offensive side to the program is developing nicely. Pitching not so much
Harris and Zajac are putting up better numbers than any of the juco guys that they have slated to come in. Coaching staff is reaping what it has sewed from a pitching standpoint. Keep in mind that the coaching staff cut Zajac...he didn't quit. Granted Zajac had one great outing against Arkansas while the others were suspect at best. But how can you justify cutting a kid that got drafted, and replace him with slop when you should know that pitching will be a weak point for your team??? I hope Zajac and Harris land somewhere and have a chance to shove it up UT's ass in the next year or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
BV, I can't tell everything I've heard but the split was not rancorous. I'm not saying he will be back after a couple of years but it wouldn't be a surprise either.

BV, I can't tell everything I've heard but the split was not rancorous. I'm not saying he will be back after a couple of years but it wouldn't be a surprise either.

Fair enough.

Zajac could really be helping now. Looking at his numbers its obvious his command is still an issue but his other numbers are elite. How do we let an arm like that go under the current circumstances?

I never heard what happened there. A lot of raw talent for sure. While he will never be back in Orange, going down to JUCO was probably the best move for Zajac in that it has allowed him to gain experience, confidence and more control at a more manageable level.

I can't even see the games but I still want them to be good.

This is depressing... so tired of our teams being bad at everything. The only team I like that doesn't suck at the moment is the Pacers. They'll probably lose to the Knicks in the second round and if they don't, will get stomped by the Heat anyways. All of my teams blow outside of the Pacers. Sigh...

VN Store

Back