Vols Defensive Back Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn guys, can we let all of the facts come out before you crucify the guy? Aren't a lot of you "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" Folks? I'm sure Coach Pruitt will handle the situation accordingly and I will support his decision 100%.
He hit a officer and ran, once caught he said "he hit me first, why can't I hit him back". Kid is a first class dumbass who Pruitt took a chance on due to limited options his first recruiting class. Show him the door swiftly and give the blueshirt DB from South Carolina his scholly and his jersey #

Damn guys, can we let all of the facts come out before you crucify the guy? Aren't a lot of you "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" Folks? I'm sure Coach Pruitt will handle the situation accordingly and I will support his decision 100%.
This one looks a bit cut and dried. Multiple witnesses. If he actually hit a Policeman, don't know how it can end well. Diversion possible for personal life, but football life at UT probably toast.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Sounds like the cop harassed him and hit him. He should sue. I'm sure the actual incident doesn't line up with the report.

Reactions: VolsVFL
Co-signed,

O. J. Simpson
C'mon man. Comparing AJ and OJ is so wrong. As for George, a simple submissive response to a police officer would have avoided any trouble. Which is what most anyone has long known. When is the last time you gave any lip to a police officer? Ever? I doubt it. That's a sure way to get a ticket or land yourself in handcuffs on the way to jail. Resisting or striking the officer? It's over.

In other news, Karl Childers is due to meet the parole board for the first time since his last killing. Good luck, Karl. Look forward to "Slingblade II, The Final Chapter."

Last edited:
I hope this isn't as bad as it looks. Young and alcohol make for bad situations.....ugh

Did he murder anyone? No. Did he rape anyone? No. Did he blow up someone's property? No. Did he make a stupid choice and follow it up with another? Yes. Let's quit acting and talking like this young man broke a commandment or deserves under the jail. He was one of hundreds of drunk college kids who get caught up during spring break every year in Florida. Many of them get resisting and assault charges.

If Pruitt decides to dump him, he has reasons, if he keeps him, I'm sure he has those too.

Did he murder anyone? No. Did he rape anyone? No. Did he blow up someone's property? No. Did he make a stupid choice and follow it up with another? Yes. Let's quit acting and talking like this young man broke a commandment or deserves under the jail. He was one of hundreds of drunk college kids who get caught up during spring break every year in Florida. Many of them get resisting and assault charges.

If Pruitt decides to dump him, he has reasons, if he keeps him, I'm sure he has those too.
there are rules for being on the team - he has to follow them like everyone else

Resisting arrest, is one thing, punching a cop in the face and then running, is another thing entirely if the police report is accurate.

FTA:
As the officer exited his vehicle, George yelled profanities at him, the report states. George ignored the officer's verbal commands and walked toward him. The officer steered George toward the sidewalk and away from officers who were attempting to arrest another individual, according to the report. George punched the officer in the head and knocked his radio from his hand, the report states. The officer tried to place George under arrest, but George fled, the report states.

Punching an officer isn't too smart and you certainly can't play while sitting in the slammer.

Reactions: DixieVol
Resisting arrest, is one thing, punching a cop in the face and then running, is another thing entirely if the police report is accurate.

FTA:
As the officer exited his vehicle, George yelled profanities at him, the report states. George ignored the officer's verbal commands and walked toward him. The officer steered George toward the sidewalk and away from officers who were attempting to arrest another individual, according to the report. George punched the officer in the head and knocked his radio from his hand, the report states. The officer tried to place George under arrest, but George fled, the report states.
If it happened this way, then good riddance to him. However, there are countless times where the police have a story that’s not near accurate so thankfully the guy will have his day in court.

Part I. He's an idiot for putting himself in position to be arrested in the first place. Knowing spring break often involves drinking, pot use, and excessive youthful stupidity, you avoid the folly, not invite it. So, the arrest under whatever circumstances is on him.

Part II. The article quote says, Two officers stopped George and arrested him, after which the report states George said: "He hit me first. Why can't I hit him back?"

Knowing firsthand and being on rideouts how too many cops are these days, it wouldn't surprise he was provoked. A lot of officers escalate instead of deescalating situations. That doesn't remove Kenneth's stupidity for putting himself in a situation like this. Stupid really is as stupid does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back