Vols DB duo didn't allow a TD

Is it really any surprise that when Warrior was able to trust the guys in front of him not to bust that he ended up in a lot better position to make plays? Getting BT back 100% and HT's development allowed Warrior to do Warrior things in the last 2/3s of the season.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
So he was not a starter unless our base defense uses 5 Db’a.

I would probably consider Shamburger a starter considering he (STAR) is on the field much more in Pruitts defense. SAM (strong OLB) replaces star on obvious running situations...3rd and short, etc....SAM also gets more reps against teams with a strong running game. If you watch carefully, you'll catch an opposing teams offense catch our defense off guard with SAM in the game. I remember watching D Taylor and Kongbo awkwardly dropping to the flat a few times the past few years. I think GA, AL, and TN just prefer to find a great hybrid guy that can play STAR/Nickle and just leave him in there. This way, the offensive formation/personell doesnt dictate who the defense subs in/out as much.

Here's a pretty brief article that kinda explains it better:

Alabama defense 101: nickel = Star, dime = Money, DBs = LBs

Last edited:
If our LB's aren't settled we'll miss Warrior even more.

Several games announcers complimented his text book tackles making one on one stops against TE's & HB's in the flat.
I think McCullough does a good job tackling from the safety position, I'd like to see what Taylor would look like at FS, he's turned into a really good open field tackler. I'm not too worried about our defense, we might have the best pass defense in the country this year.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
After watching the you tube interview by VLAD.tv on ex-mob boss Michael Franzese and how much they influenced college and pro sports through the use of gambling auctions + debts. I thought @ that play. Also the one by the NO safety vs Vikings in the playoff that cost the game. Both inexplicable to me, especially the NFL one

How do you like that for stinking thinking on my part. But, dang, that play hurt.

The BYU game was lost b/c Pruitt went for it three times on 4th down while in FG range. One of those converted for a TD, the other 2 failed. If Pruitt had taken the 3 FGs the score would have been 18-13 with 6 seconds left and BYU at our 16. Maybe they hit a TD pass and we don’t even go into OT, but it would have been a better position to be in than 16-13.

VN Store

Back