Vols Cruise to 9-3 Win Over Tennessee Tech Behind Three-Hit Performances by Polk, Haw

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The University of Tennessee baseball team (12-13) wasted little time jumping ahead of Tennessee Tech on Tuesday, scoring all nine of its runs in the first three innings en route to a 9-3 victory at Lindsey Nelson Stadium. Juniors P.J. Polk and Cody Hawn paced the Volunteers with a pair of three-hit performances and senior Aaron Tullo earned his first win of the season with five strong innings on the mound.

More...

Discuss.

I particularly enjoyed the trash-talking kids with their signs supporting TTU. "This is out State" ?!?!?!

Really?

Did TTU suddenly become ETSU?

I particularly enjoyed the trash-talking kids with their signs supporting TTU. "This is out State" ?!?!?!

Really?

Did TTU suddenly become ETSU?

They did go to a regional at Clemson last year (and put on a good showing while there) and AJ Kirby-Jones is hitting well over .400 and last time I checked was leading D1 in homers (and is a pretty darn good closer too).
And it's not as if UT is anywhere near the best team in Tennessee any more.....so I can see where they're coming from.

VN Store

Back