Vols bowl practice thread 12/17/19

Fingers

Lots of young guys are getting extra attention this week, especially freshmen like Roman Harrison, Tyus Fields, Chris Akporgohene, tight ends Sean Brown and Jackson Lowe, Warren Burrell and others.

Jerome Carvin, Jackson Lampley and Riley Locklear took reps at center with Brandon Kennedy sidelined.

During routes on air, Jarrett Guarantano was pretty sharp, especially later in the pass skeleton when the Vols started throwing deep seams. Jauan Jennings had a drop, but otherwise was going through drills hard, same for seniors Marquez Callaway and Tyler Byrd. Brandon Johnson was taking reps early in the slot. Same for Ramel Keyton.

Ty Chandler was late to practice but joined the RB group as we were leaving.
simonton

During routes-on-air work, Tee Martin seemed to be pretty pleased with Cedric Tillman and praised the redshirt freshman for a couple of good routes. Martin didn't like the intensity with which Josh Palmer ran his first route of the session and quietly shared a word with him before making Palmer redo route. Freshman Ramel Keyton also had to re-run a route after Martin saw a mistake in Keyton's footwork.
On the offensive line, the Vols continued to work a top trio of Jerome Carvin at center with Trey Smith at left guard and K'Rojhn Calbert as they work with Brandon Kennedy (knee). Riley Locklear and Jackson Lampley look to be the other options at center. Ollie Lane was with the guards and centers on Tuesday after working with tackles Wanya Morris, Darnell Wright and Jahmir Johnson during the same period during Monday's practice.
Redshirt freshman Kingston Harris continued to work with the offensive line as the former defensive lineman, now in the second stint of his career on the other side of the line of scrimmage, took reps at left guard.

Third-year sophomore linebacker and Solon Page was not present for the open portion of practice, leaving Tennessee with just four scholarship inside linebackers along with a handful of walk-ons.
p.brown

Assuming that Chandler being late was due to being in the training room. Have a feeling we are going to need him in the bowl. Just a feeling. Sometimes my gut is right, sometimes its gas.

Since JJ is out a half I'm hoping T.Byrd will get thrown to a couple of times. Would like to see him break another short pass for a TD this year. Noticed in the video above CJC was whispering in his ear. Go Vols !!

Since JJ is out a half I'm hoping T.Byrd will get thrown to a couple of times. Would like to see him break another short pass for a TD this year. Noticed in the video above CJC was whispering in his ear. Go Vols !!

what did he do wrong? he was such a speedster with good hands. then he disappeared for a year or so ...

what did he do wrong? he was such a speedster with good hands. then he disappeared for a year or so ...
Couldn't crack the starting 3 receivers we have. I did notice that he dropped a pass that was on the money in the UAB game. That was the last time I recall him being thrown to. He does seem to be downfield blocking well when he's in the game.

VN Store

Back