Vols bowl is expected to be announced this coming Sunday

If I remember correctly, the bowl selection show is usually the following Sunday or Monday following championship Saturday.

I'd argue we'll pull a higher bowl than maybe we should because of attendance we'll draw, and exciting brand of football, good for ratings. Penn St would be great.
No way bama wins; UNLESS uga chokes............

Uga is due for a choke. They have one about once a year

Toppmeyer is an idiot for thinking we should fear Wake Forest. Among other things

This caught my eye.
says Wake Forest (10-2) is the opponent the Vols should most hope to avoid. Don't risk a loss to former Vols athletics director John Currie, who's now at Wake Forest.
I'm not sure I've ever heard that the Vols should fear a loss against a former AD, much less the Demon Deacons.

If Alabama wins we have a shot at the Outback Bowl but if they lose then we probably get the Gator Bowl.

Why do you say that? If Bama wins we have two in the CFP and one in the New Years 6, if GA we get one in the CFP and two in the new years 6. Don't see them eating up a bowl slot we are in play for. Am I missing something?

Championship game does not affect our bowl slot. Because ole miss and Alabama will fill either playoffs or sugar, orange , fiesta , peach. We only have 3 teams in conference with 10 wins.

As a resident of the Buckeye State my dream scenario would be for the Big Orange to get a crack at the lads in scarlet and grey in the Outback Bowl. The possibility of bragging right over my in-laws and church members is too tantalizing not to wish for. It’s a long shot, but…

If Bama wins the SEC, they and UGA are in the playoff. Slot Ole Miss and UK into the Sugar and Citrus bowls. Of the options left, we’re the hottest team with the most passionate fanbase. Outback is highly possible.

Iowa upsets Michigan and goes to the Rose. Wolverines to the Citrus. Buckeyes to the Outback, where a healthy UT oline allows Heupel to exploit the weaknesses their run defense showed last Saturday. We improve to 2-0 all time against the Bama of the north. I gloat. The end.

As a resident of the Buckeye State my dream scenario would be for the Big Orange to get a crack at the lads in scarlet and grey in the Outback Bowl. The possibility of bragging right over my in-laws and church members is too tantalizing not to wish for. It’s a long shot, but…

If Bama wins the SEC, they and UGA are in the playoff. Slot Ole Miss and UK into the Sugar and Citrus bowls. Of the options left, we’re the hottest team with the most passionate fanbase. Outback is highly possible.

Iowa upsets Michigan and goes to the Rose. Wolverines to the Citrus. Buckeyes to the Outback, where a healthy UT oline allows Heupel to exploit the weaknesses their run defense showed last Saturday. We improve to 2-0 all time against the Bama of the north. I gloat. The end.
The 1996 Citrus Bowl was glorious.
Eddie Eddie Eddie!

04787AC2-1B8E-44EF-9BFF-0105582E2E8A.jpeg

It's now all about 2022 now and all I want is a win to finish off this season. I don't want this football team to go into 2022 on a sour note mentally and yes a win is very important to the mind set of this football team. We have overachieved this year and I just want to win for us right now it is more about the mental part than it is the physical part.

It's now all about 2022 now and all I want is a win to finish off this season. I don't want this football team to go into 2022 on a sour note mentally and yes a win is very important to the mind set of this football team. We have overachieved this year and I just want to win for us right now it is more about the mental part than it is the physical part.
Would you rather have a Tennessee blowout win or an overtime thrilling victory?

Reactions: sunnyvol79

VN Store

Back