Vols BBall ranked at #13 in first ESPN/USA Today Poll

so hat, you have made it clear on where you think they should start out being ranked. How far can this team go realistically? Should we be happy with a sweet 16 appearance?
Posted via VolNation Mobile
The way the point guard position is shaping up, a Sweet Sixteen appearance would merit Bruce Coach of the Year consideration.

We're in trouble. We have absolutely zero players who started at point guard in D-1, and only one that started any games anywhere.

I've never seen Maze, but he better be darn good or else we really need a miracle out of the Clearinghouse.

We're in trouble. We have absolutely zero players who started at point guard in D-1, and only one that started any games anywhere.

I've never seen Maze, but he better be darn good or else we really need a miracle out of the Clearinghouse.

Maze started at OU

when he went to ou he was recruited as an sg. He's had 2 years now to play pg at a collegiate level. Not to mention he played in the same type of system for one year

when he went to ou he was recruited as an sg. He's had 2 years now to play pg at a collegiate level. Not to mention he played in the same type of system for one year

Which equals, he wasn't good at Oklahoma. He'll be better at Tennessee, much better.

Ramar had potential, if he was still here I would rank him amongst the top 5 point guards in the SEC. I think Maze can be the third best point guard in the league.

I'm not saying he'll be much better. Just not worse than Ramar.
Ramar could at least rebound and defend. Maze showed the ability to do neither in his time in Norman. Also, I can say with certainty that the OU staff would have gladly driven him to the JUCO of his choice to get him off their campus. Will he be alright at UT? Possibly. Did he do anything at Oklahoma to justify thinking so? Absolutely not.

VN Store

Back