Vols basketball ranked 18th in preseason AP

Seems right ranking for us to me. We play preseason #s 4 (N), 5 (A), 10 (H & A), 12 (N), 14 (A), 16 (H & A), 22 (H), and 7 or 19 (N). Plus five teams that are receiving votes, one of which we play twice. Heck of a schedule

Sounds about right to me. Will be interesting to see how far we fall if we lose any games in Uncasville.

Loads of talent, athleticism, experience. Gonna be a fun team to watch. Good OOC schedule. Room to move on up the polls.

Reactions: feathersax
For Tennessee to get that ranking in the pre-season with so many questions speaks to how much more highly the national regard for Tennessee is these days. Credit to Barnes and the UTAD for putting basketball in this position. A reminder for me of just how far UT's grown in basketball from the 80s and 90s, back when I started watching.

The best part is, there's room in there for Tennessee to build that "don't look now but here comes Tennessee" narrative before rolling into the SEC season (when the narrative switches to "who can take down Tennessee?").

According to the preseason polls, we'll play 10-12 ranked opponents during our 30ish game slate. That's pretty wild!

VN Store

Back