Vols back to a #1 seed in ESPNs bracketology

Honestly who cares what seeds were listed at now, we still have Auburn and the SEC tournament focus on it after those are done
if we lose to Auburn or lose in the SEC tournament we will not be a 1. If we win 1 game we will be a 2, lose two and you might fall to a 3. Lunardi is saying he believes we win out.

Last edited:
We do not want any part of Syracuse's 2-3 zone. They could easily send us home early. We struggle against the zone and they're one of the best zone teams in the country. We'd have to be hot from 3.

Whose zone has Tennessee struggled against? This team attacks a zone defense better than any Tennessee team I have watched in the 50 years following the team. This team struggles to play zone defense.

We do not want any part of Syracuse's 2-3 zone. They could easily send us home early. We struggle against the zone and they're one of the best zone teams in the country. We'd have to be hot from 3.

I am not so sure we struggle against a zone. The last two years, we have put Grant right in the middle at the high post, and he can shoot or pass. It would slow the pace down.

There is almost zero chance we fall off the 2 line. At worst, we are a 27-5 team from a P5 conference.
Most likely wouldn't fall to a 3 unless we really stunk it up @ Auburn and lost to a low-level SEC tourney team..but it's entirely possible yet highly unlikely. A win @ Auburn and a L to Kentucky in the Final would put us at the #2 two seed assuming UNC loses to Duke.and Kentucky wins out. its whatever though. Auburn first. In some cases being the first #2 is better than the last #1...just my opinion, nothing factual.

Most likely wouldn't fall to a 3 unless we really stunk it up @ Auburn and lost to a low-level SEC tourney team..but it's entirely possible yet highly unlikely. A win @ Auburn and a L to Kentucky in the Final would put us at the #2 two seed assuming UNC loses to Duke.and Kentucky wins out. its whatever though. Auburn first. In some cases being the first #2 is better than the last #1...just my opinion, nothing factual.
Meet Kentucky in semi final. LSU isnt losing ro Vanderbilt. We will be 2 vs 3 side of SEC tournament.

Still believe we can get a 1 seed by winning the SECT since it will likely require beating UK and LSU to do it.
Yes but depends on how others play. Root for UNC to lose to Duke. They are the biggest threat to us (besides Kentucky).

VN Store

Back