Vols are No. 2 seed in the South

FWIW, Andy Katz and Steve Smith both have identical FFs; Michigan State, Gonzaga, UNC, and Tennessee. Both have Tennessee in the Finals, and both have us losing; Smith to Michigan State (homer), and Katz to Gonzaga.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
FWIW, Andy Katz and Steve Smith both have identical FFs; Michigan State, Gonzaga, UNC, and Tennessee. Both have Tennessee in the Finals, and both have us losing; Smith to Michigan State (homer), and Katz to Gonzaga.
I picked Tennessee to beat Duke in the Championship Game on my ESPN,CBS and Volnation brackets

What’s Cincy’s true seed? The committee will move teams up or down the seed list in order to keep teams within their geographic region. Wonder if they did that to keep Cincy in columbus/Louisville.

What’s Cincy’s true seed? The committee will move teams up or down the seed list in order to keep teams within their geographic region. Wonder if they did that to keep Cincy in columbus/Louisville.
Cincy and Purdue and both overrated and over seeded.

The committee had them ranked 27th overall.

I’m surprised they would send UNC to Columbus and Kentucky to Jacksonville. Would have expected the opposite

I think Purdue is hugely overrated. Review their schedule. Im not saying its a push over game, but its a game we should win by 10 at least. Bone has to hit his 3 or its a long day.
well regardless of what you think, my point is about the so called ‘principles’ the committee supposedly has - or lack thereof

well regardless of what you think, my point is about the so called ‘principles’ the committee supposedly has - or lack thereof
They do this every year but i think we have the best shot of any 2 seed to make the final 4. Playing cincy that close to their home is joke on the committees part.

Also, one of the principles is that teams in the first 4 seed line from the same conference must be bracketed in different regions. They can move teams on the seedline to satisfy that yet they kept Va Tech as a 4 and in Dukes region. How much difference is there between being a 4 and a 5? They’d still be in the same local and regional site. Anyway just interesting

Is there some kind of unwritten principle which they try to keep local sites exclusive to each region? For example both UNC and Uk can’t both play in Jacksonville? It appears they did that this year and it runs counter to their desire to keep teams as close as possible to the sites

Why is Utah St in Columbus instead of Salt Lake City? Syracuse only played UNC once this season, so it’s not against bracketing principle for them to meet in the second round

Their argument for having us play UC in columbus about keeping teams close is clearly BS when they didn’t put Utah St and washington in Salt Lake City and instead shipped them to Columbus. Also, Iowa somehow wasn’t placed in Des Moines. So what gives?

Last edited:
Guys,
Just like the rest of you, I am a die hard vols fan. I am currently a graduate assistant men's basketball coach at a college in Ohio and I'm doing everything in my power to make it to the hopefully 2 games this weekend. I only make $90 a month so it is very hard for me to afford tickets. I have been watching and listening to games my whole life. I got in trouble as a little kid because I snuck out of my bed to watch the second half of a vols Kentucky game back in '03. I faked sick in 2009 to watch the Oklahoma state tournament game..
Like the rest of you guys, I love this team so much and all I want to do is be there for the tournament games. If any of you guys hear of any deals on tickets or know someone who may be willing to help me out please let me know!
I'm only an hour and a half from Columbus so I would absolutely hate myself if I can't make it there for the games! I've been telling everyone I know that this is the best chance at a final four Tennessee has ever had and I want to be there to support these guys!

Thanks, and GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: GameTime
Their argument for having us play UC in columbus about keeping teams close is clearly BS when they didn’t put Utah St and washington in Salt Lake City and instead shipped them to Columbus. Also, Iowa somehow wasn’t placed in Des Moines. So what gives?
The only silver lining I see is that the roles are reversed with Virginia. If we can get by the 2nd round then we should have a home court advantage in Louisville as Charlottesville is 4 hours further away.

VN Store

Back